FP&A - Finance Intern
Shutterfly is hiring for an FP&A - Finance Intern currently enrolled in an undergraduate program with a Finance/Accounting major (3rd year student preferred), a part in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. Our company is the market leader in memory preservation products. You will help support our FP&A team in budgeting, forecasting, and real-time performance analysis.
This role is based out of our Redwood City office and report to the Finance Technology Manager. This is a part-time (20 hours/ week) internship for 6 months.
- The primary function of the role will be to help streamline processes across the Opex FP&A Org.
- This role will help strategically drive a few company wide initiatives by partnering with various business stakeholders.
- Help standardize financial reporting across multiple departments.
- Assist in automating internal headcount reporting.
- Help in cost reduction related to technology spend.
- This role also be integral in summarizing monthly results and reporting key variances vs. forecast.
- Research for and preparation of analysis reports, models and forecasts
- Review of budget / actual inquiries with senior management
Experience & Requirements
- Strong understanding of Finance/Accounting fundamentals, how a P&L statement works etc.
- Technology enthusiast who loves automation and driving efficiencies.
- Financial modeling skills in MS Excel with advance excel skills.
- Organized and detail oriented with a keen eye for process improvement opportunities Willingness to learn and start from the ground up
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Able to effectively manage projects
- Results-oriented and able to roll-up sleeves in order to accomplish necessary tasks on time
- History of self-starting initiatives and an enthusiasm for creating their own work
- Finally, someone who is eager to grow and learn.