SFLY Content Editor
Shutterfly, Inc. is looking for a talented Content Editor for our Shutterfly brand. We are an ecommerce photography company at heart, and our vision is to help people share life's joy. We inspire millions of people to be creative in preserving their memories and sharing their stories. As Content Editor, you will be responsible for all aspects of content, including as well as evaluation and analysis, to deliver work that cuts through the clutter and connects with our customers.
WE WANT TO TALK TO YOU IF YOU...
- Are a compelling storyteller, with a background in writing and content development.
- Have a good eye, and an appreciation of how design informs and shapes content.
- Understand SEO best practices and how to use data to develop content that resonates.
- Love collaborating with designers and art directors to create visually engaging stories.
- Have a proven ability to develop an editorial voice and create content for a retail consumer brand.
- Enjoy brainstorming and pushing ideas as far as possible.
- Are open and willing to hear constructive feedback and edits.
- Know the importance of being dynamic, playful, innovative and customer-centric.
- Have a killer book (please be sure to submit your samples when you apply)
EVEN BETTER IF YOU HAVE…
- 5+ years content editing experience
- Ad agency or in-house experience
- Flexible with urgent requests
HERE’S WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING…
- Develop innovative content ideas, keeping our customers in mind.
- Ensure that content meets business and creative objectives, and follows our in-house style guide.
- Organize, modify and update existing content.
- Work closely with Copy Strategist and other stakeholders to gain alignment on content strategy.
- Drive and manage projects internally, with support from partners and managers.
- Inform the look, feel and presentation of content in partnership with designers and photographers.
- Manage a busy workload according to deadline.
- Continually use insights gained from data and analytics to increase customer engagement and retention.