Machine Operator - Multiple Shifts. All Levels.
Shutterfly’s purpose is to help share life’s joy! We are building a state of the art manufacturing facility in Plano and are hiring over 300 manufacturing professionals in the coming months. Our manufacturing teams are critical to our success to “Delight Our Customers”.
Top 10 Reasons to Work at Shutterfly!!!!
- Career with on-the-job training and development
- Coolest co-workers in town!
- Competitive hourly pay and overtime during peak production
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid Time Off. (i.e.…paid vacation!)
- Climate controlled, state-of-the-art facility
- Casual, relaxed attire
- On-site amenities include a gym, game room, free beverages, etc.
- Up to $2500 in free Shutterfly merchandise and huge discounts
- Too many additional reasons to list
- Operate and maintain equipment including but not limited to digital presses and / or bindery equipment (HP Indigo, Xerox iGen, Laser Max, UV Coaters, etc.)
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance including troubleshooting problems to maintain quality standards and to keep equipment in running condition - request maintenance as required.
- Ensure labor is used efficiently
- Ability to keep good records
- Ensure product meets the quality standards
- Maintain safety and OSHA standards
- Responsible for cleanliness of area and maintaining 5S standards
- Drive continuous improvement
- Any other project as assigned by supervision or management
- Able to operate and maintain Press and or Bindery equipment.
- Must have hard work ethic, ability to learn quickly, and common sense.
- Able to work independently on projects and collaborate as a strong member
- Communicate effectively with supervision, tech support, and other associates
- Excellent attention to detail, flexible and adaptable to change
- Able to operate under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to multitask and set priorities
- Computer knowledge including Microsoft Office programs and email preferred
- Strong interpersonal/communication and analytical skills
- Ability to safely lift 50 pounds
1st - Mon-Thurs. 4 am - 4 pm
2nd - Mon-Thurs. 4 pm - 4 am
3rd - Thurs-Sun. 4 am - 4 pm
4th - Thurs-Sun. 4 pm - 4 am
Hours may vary during peak seasons, flexibility to work various shifts &/or weekends as needed is required
- High school or vocational/technical school diploma or certificate.
- Additional courses in print production, operations, or similar functional areas preferred
- Courses in chemistry, electronics, and color theory are desired.
- Background and experience in conventional offset operation, preferably in color printing.
- An understanding of pre-press functions.
- Experience in operating mechanical/electromechanical equipment.
- Experience in basic computer operations