Sr. Manager Business Strategy & Operations (Consumer Marketing)
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Snapfish was built to help people archive and share photos. For almost 2 decades, our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world store and share photos with one another. A career at Snapfish offers countless ways to make an impact in an organization that holds memories and stories throughout the world for generations to come.
The Sr. Manager, Business Strategy & Operations is responsible for defining and executing strategic initiatives across categories for the Snapfish US brand. A successful candidate will combine an understanding of what drives e-commerce sales, an interest in the custom photo product sector, and a passion for delivering a world-class customer experience.
The Sr. Manager, Business Strategy & Operations will serve as the go-to person for monitoring KPIs and understanding performance metrics. They will be able to quickly analyze and synthesize data into actionable insights and present clear, concise impact and results, leading to recommendations for improvements. Additionally, they will be able to develop annual and seasonal financial plans and forecasts which incorporate macro trends, pricing and promotions, marketing activities, and changes to the site experience.
The ideal candidate is innovative, enthusiastic, data-driven, and customer-focused with great judgment and creative problem-solving skills. This person will have demonstrated skill in digital marketing, advanced data analysis, pricing and promotions, financial planning and analysis, or other relevant experience. They will be passionate, organized, and comfortable managing multiple cross-functional projects at once.
This position will report to the Director of Snapfish US and work closely with the Marketing and Creative teams as well as partnering with Finance, Product Management, UX and Engineering.
What You'll Do Here:
- Assist in defining and executing long-term merchandising and marketing strategies across categories and platforms, identifying areas to improve conversion based on deep understanding of site and customer metrics, merchandising, pricing and promotions, marketing, industry best practices, competitive landscape, emerging online trends, and brand and business goals
- Accurately forecast revenue, margin, and units, reflecting macro trends and incorporating factors such as marketing and promotional plans
- Develop and present strategic initiative updates, business deep dives, and forecasting changes to Senior Leadership team
- Monitor, meet, and report on site KPI's (revenue, margin, visits, conversion, etc.) and be able to explain business drivers behind fluctuations in these metrics
- Lead category management by reporting and analyzing category sales and margin, identifying drivers of trends and opportunities to improve results
- Perform ad hoc analysis to gain insight into customer and business trends, recommending options to drive incremental revenue and margin
- Serve as product assortment subject matter expert and assist in developing new product assortment strategy, working with Vendor Operations, Merchandising, Merchandise Design, Pricing and Promotions, and Marketing for successful on-time launches
- Work closely with Pricing and Promotions to implement pricing strategies that meet business goals, driving innovation and optimization through testing and application of eCommerce best practices
- Develop data-driven approach that can inform merchandise and design assortment strategy to improve asset productivity
What You'll Bring:
- Highly strategic, quantitative, and analytical
- Strong senior presence, comfortable creating and presenting business performance, insights, and recommendations to Senior Leadership team
- Proven experience in merchandising forecasting (sales, margin, units) linking key eCommerce and retail practices that impact results
- Proven experience in financial modeling and analysis techniques including advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Comfortable working with large data sets and making data-driven decisions
- Deep knowledge of eCommerce best practices and strong merchandising “eye”
- Experience launching new products (product development, inventory projections, pricing and promotions, go to market plan, etc.)
- Able to manage through ambiguous and subjective situations, including balancing operational efficiency and data analysis with high quality standards and a sense of what is right for the customer
- Able to manage many projects and drive multiple threads of work to completion
- Experience with business intelligence reporting tool and site analytic tools (Tableau, PowerBI, Google Analytics, etc.) preferred
- BA/BS required
- Minimum 12 years of experience in an analytical role within Finance, Consulting, Marketing, Business Operations, Merchandise Planning, Business Analysis, or similar functional area
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfers for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship or transfer will be considered