At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Spoonflower’s mission is to inspire individuals to make, buy and sell unique products built around color and pattern. Our e-commerce website makes it possible for individuals to create, sell, and shop for unique fabrics, wallpaper and home decor, such as bedding and table linens. Many of the designers who use Spoonflower to create products also use it to sell their artwork, making Spoonflower the world’s largest marketplace of surface designs.
1st Shift: M-Thu 6.00 a.m - 4.00 p.m
2nd Shift - M-Thu 4.00 p.m - 2.00 a.m
3rd Shift - Fri-Sun 6.00 a.m - 6.00 p.m
What Can Spoonflower Offer You?
- $15/hour with room to grow as your skills increase
- 100% company paid medical premiums for you and your family
- 93% of qualifying medical expenses covered by the company
- 401K with a 4% company match
- 120 hours of PTO a year
- 88 hours of flexible holiday pay
- $75 Monthly Creativity Benefit
The role of the Machine Operator is to serve Spoonflower’s community of designers, sewists, and fabric lovers as a member of the Natural Fiber or Poly/Paper production team. This position is responsible for the basic aspects of fabric and wallpaper production at Spoonflower.
- Cutting, folding, and processing fabric, either through team production or offline cutting.
- Operating cutting and/or rolling equipment in the production of printed wallpaper rolls.
- Assisting printer operators with shift prep and shutdown, and loading and unloading rolls and cores.
- Assisting printer operators with Q/A and loading and unloading rolls and cores.
- Operating large format printers to print rolls of wallpaper and fabric.
- Assisting digital cutting machine operators with Q/A, doffing, item sorting, and loading rolls.
- Operating a digital flatbed cutting machine to cut fabric and home décor order items.
- Transporting fabric cores, rolls, and cut items throughout the factory.
- Sublimating rolls of printed paper onto polyester fabric using large format heating machines.
- Cutting, rolling, sorting, cubbying, and packaging wallpaper items.
- Cubbying, and shipping all Spoonflower items directly to customers.
- Correctly routing both wallpaper and fabric orders to the shipping area.
- Correctly routing fabric items to the cubby area as needed.
- Maintaining printers, cutting equipment, and rolling equipment used in the production process.
- Managing the queues of orders to ensure that all items are cut in a timely and efficient manner.
- Quality assurance of all the products produced, understanding the expectations and needs of Spoonflower customers.
- Meeting efficiency goals over an average in production.
- Attending and participating in team huddles and meetings.
- Keeping up to date on all standard operating procedures, updates, and top issues in the assigned zone by reading email.
- Reporting issues affecting production through the proper channels.
- Troubleshooting basic production problems.
- Reporting directly to and giving feedback to supervisors and Shift Managers
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer literacy for operation of our internal and shipping software and admin functions using iPads and computers.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus