Sr. Project Manager I
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Snapfish was built to help people archive and share photos. For almost 2 decades, our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world store and share photos with one another. With over a 90 million people using the service globally, a career at Snapfish offers countless ways to make an impact in an organization that holds memories and stories throughout the world for generations to come.
Shutterfly’s Consumer Business Operation team is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join us in launching innovative, physical products for the Shutterfly Consumer Business. Our group leads cross-functional teams, including merchandising, engineering and operations, through the highly collaborative process of ideating, developing, and launching products to the Shutterfly website and mobile app. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, self-starter with experience working in matrixed organizations, and who enjoys problem-solving and navigating teams through complex challenges.
- Tactically own and execute on a high-volume of small to medium sized projects. Drive on-time delivery of projects
- Ensure that the scope, business case, objectives and success metrics for projects are well defined, understood, measured and reported effectively
- Provide up-to-date, accurate, meaningful views of project status
- Identify and raise project delivery issues and risks for mediation, resolution or escalation to the appropriate level on a timely basis. Foster accountability of cross-functional team leads to resolve project issues and ensure project success
- Ensure adoption of standards and procedures governing the practice of project management and execution of the project portfolio
- Understand the interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs
- Ensure that cross-functional team leads have a clear understanding of RASCI for delivering project, goals, deliverables, and issues
- Conduct project post-mortems and continuous improvement sessions
Key Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of project management experience on progressively more complex projects
- Experience project managing projects involving cross-functional teams in business, operations and technical domains
- Proven track record of successfully delivering multiple projects simultaneously, building appropriate processes and tools
- Competency and knowledge in software engineering, product development, and general business processes
- Naturally organized, analytical and detailed oriented. Energetic self-starter passionate about professional integrity and excellence with a positive attitude and contagious enthusiasm
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills are absolutely required
- Strong relationship building/partnering skills and the ability to work with varying levels of individual contributors and management
- Ability to influence peers and managers while dealing with ambiguity
- Demonstrated knowledge and usage of standard project management concepts, practices and procedures
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, environment where you do what it takes to get things done
- Experienced in combining the best of Agile and Waterfall practices (Hybrid approach to Project Management)
- BA/BS required. Formal project management training is a plus but hands-on experience is highly preferred.