Manager, Site Reliability Engineering
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
Shutterfly is looking for a Manager of Site Reliability Engineering to help us build and influence the direction of a newly merged global SRE team. This position is eligible for remote work anywhere in the US.
- Owning the SRE strategy across different brands and locations
- Championing the best monitoring tools and practices across the organization
- Foster an environment of continuous learning which builds excellent engineering skill sets
- Driving an increase in automation and constant monitoring improvements
- We don't expect managers to be writing code in their day-to-day job, but your interests should include some or all of the following: AWS, distributed systems, Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, metrics monitoring platform solutions (ie: SignalFX, Datadog), log aggregation solutions (Splunk, SUMO, ELK), Security and best practices in the cloud
- Must be a self-starter and highly motivated individual
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Comfortable operating in a rapidly evolving environment, adapting quickly to new information, and re-prioritizing as needed
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, or similar technical field of study, or equivalent related experience
- 10+ years relevant work experience in a production environment
- 4+ year’s of experience as an Manager
- Experience with large scale distributed systems
- Experience with metrics monitoring platform solution
- 2+ years of experience managing an SRE team
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA Service Desk, PagerDuty, Big Panda
- Experience with Change Management processes and functions
Colorado only*- This position has a minimum salary of $119,400.00. You may also be offered a bonus and benefits. Details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: Benefits at Shutterfly
*Note: Disclosure of the minimum salary is required for this role when being hired in Colorado (SB19-085)
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.