HR Generalist I
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing company within a top industry, where the HR team is respected and is part of the business strategy! This position reports directly to the HR Manager working in a service environment at our facility in Muncie, IN. The primary focus of this role is to offer support to both exempt and non-exempt population in the facility.
You will be responsible for supporting and assisting as needed on the day-to-day HR transactional activities. In addition to those listed below, partner on health & safety programs, handle digital electronic filing, and other HR generalist activities, including employee relations investigations. The role is also responsible for partnering with the HR Manager on projects to support other facility activities.
What You'll Do Here:
• Administer HR policies and procedures and ensure that they are being consistently administered across the organization
• Under the guidance of the HR Manager, communicate with employees regarding questions using fair and consistent application of the policies Identify, call, screen and qualify candidates and assist them through the seasonal recruitment process
• Interface with temporary agency for seasonal associates needing assistance and escalate issues as appropriate
• Handle all day to day administrative activities regarding employee changes, E-Verify, leaves of absence, and payroll
• Coordinate all employee events and activities including site wide meetings and meals
• Coordinate benefits program questions or provide information and resources to employees as needed
• Coordinate and partner with other HR team members for HR activities needing local support such as on-site interviews, holiday programs, training or other events
• Effectively manage filing to be compliant with internal policies and state and federal requirements
• Conduct new hire orientation and exit interviews for employees and maintain an ongoing summary of the reasons employees are leaving to identify trends and issues that should be brought to management's attention
The Skills You'll Bring:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or Business, including new college graduates
• Prior HR experience required
• Experience with employee relations and experience with employment law
• Experience with supporting a seasonal work force or temporary associates
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills including Windows-based programs such as Excel, Power Point, Word and Outlook is required. SharePoint experience a plus
• Experience with workforce management systems a plus (Employee Central & Kronos systems)
If this aligns with your career goals, skills and experience - we want to work with you!