Sr. Manager, Marketing
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Shutterfly is seeking a highly motivated, strategic and action-oriented Sr Manager of Marketing to drive marketing excellence in one of our business lines, overseeing strategy through to execution. You will be leading an end-to-end Marketing team, reporting to Sr Director of Ecommerce, and working closely with leaders across product, engineering, operations and customer insights. This position represents a unique opportunity for someone looking to oversee marketing at a leading midsized ecommerce company.
The Sr Manager’s responsibilities will include identifying and developing deep consumer insights, nurturing and building the brand identify, creating marketing and positioning strategies to achieve revenue targets, and leading teams to translate those strategies into concrete marketing plans. This role will manage a team of marketing specialists and managers across performance marketing, brand management, channel marketing, social and CRM and merchandising.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Deliver revenue and growth targets.
- Oversee development of marketing strategies and plans– including deep understanding of consumer needs, positioning and messaging evolution, and scalable growth-driving programming.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional partners as well as marketing team to ensure that integrated plans deliver on both long-term and immediate-term business objectives.
- Manage and own delivery against significant traffic and customer KPIs, providing timely status updates on key drivers and necessary contingencies.
- Innovate to identify impactful, economically-viable, and scalable new growth drivers.
- Develop team members to establish strong bench of talent.
What You’ll Bring
- 8+ years of progressive leadership experience in marketing, with specific experience in consumer-driven brand marketing, digital marketing, and channel development.
- Demonstrated strength in strategic thinking, analytics and data-oriented decision-making.
- Solid understanding of retail, ecommerce, and brand portfolio management.
- Experience building a category and/or brand preferred.
- Proven track record in developing integrated marketing plans in a highly competitive market space.
- Strong ability to analyze results of programs or research and derive actionable insights.
- Experience leading, coaching and developing teams.
- Proactive, energetic, self-starter looking to have a significant impact on business success.
- Balanced leadership style, a high level of intellectual agility and capacity for original thoughts, the ability to set a clear vision, and the willingness to be hands-on and lead by example.
- The ability to successfully develop and execute programs utilizing both direct resources as well as matrix resources, while investing marketing funds with focus on measured business impact.
- Success in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Strong peer-level and executive-level communications skills.
- Leader and motivator of teams.
*Working at Shutterfly*
Our employees at Shutterfly are passionate and possess the deeply held belief that a team working for a cause will reach and benefit millions of people. We are looking for those rare individuals who share our passion about building a great company while delighting our customers, partners and fellow employees.
We keep a fun and casual environment at Shutterfly. Free drinks and snacks are always available, and free gear rental is a unique perk. We have the excitement of the dotcom era and the stability of an established, profitable company.
Shutterfly is an equal opportunity employer.