Manager, Photography - School
LIFETOUCH NATIONAL CANADA ULC
Main Office or Satellite Location
Area Photographic Operations Manager
Manages all aspects of photography initiatives, staff and equipment to ensure high-quality photography and superior customer service. This position is accountable for daily photography execution.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Carries out managerial responsibilities including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring and on-boarding new employees, supervising, coaching, training and development of photography staff including routine performance management.
● Evaluate individual and team performance based on key competencies.
● Fosters a team environment to drive a strong photography culture.
● Partners with territory leadership team to ensure the entire area is aligned in all processes and procedures. Identifies opportunities to strengthen area performance and implement improvement initiatives.
● Conducts and coordinates regular photography team meetings to provide important updates.
● Manages and is accountable for photography labor spending and adherence to the budget.
● Implements and encourages participation in photographer retention and recognition programs.
● Prepares and conducts routine performance reviews for photography staff.
● May manage routine operations of one or more retail senior studios and the performance of the studio customer service representatives.
Training & Quality
● Ensure standard company training programs are delivered to all photography team members including customer service representatives if applicable.
● Drives photography quality requirements and improvement efforts that meet the company’s standards to meet customer’s expectations.
● Support any company defined marketing and photography tests.
● Oversees the inventory, maintenance and repair of all photographic equipment and accessories.
● Ensures seasonal equipment testing is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
● Partners with Equipment Support to ensure timely and accurate equipment transfers.
● Responsible for efficient picture day scheduling ensuring appropriate match of photographer’s skills and maximization of productivity.
● Coordinates schedule to pick up materials at schools related to the Family Approval program.
● Oversee travel for photography staff in accordance with company policy.
● Manages labor resources following the seasonality of the business.
● Reviews and approves all non-exempt employee time records in designated timekeeping system in accordance with company policy.
● Demonstrates care and concern for the safety and health of the team.
● Maintains confidentiality of school/student-related information.
● Represents Lifetouch in a professional manner by modeling appropriate behaviors.
● Maintains current knowledge of industry standards and trends.
● May require traveling to various satellite offices and accounts.
● Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
● Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
● Five to seven years of management experience.
● Ability to manage multiple priorities and execute a variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment.
● Proven ability to lead and effectively manage a team.
● Strong organizational, administrative, change management, and problem-solving skills.
● Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
● Accessibility to reliable insured transportation to reach assigned locations. Vehicle insurance must be current and in compliance with provincial law.
● Must have a valid driver’s license.
● Ability to travel.
When performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, bend, squat, climb, kneel, crawl, twist, balance, reach, use hands and fingers to perform repetitive tasks and assemble/disassemble equipment. The employee must be able to frequently lift and move up to 40 pounds (and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds).
● Area Manager or Area Photographic and Operations Manager
● Photo Leadership
● Sales Leadership
● Operations Leadership
Application deadline: Friday, July 31 prior to 4:30 pm CST