Operations Lead Manager
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directly oversees all territory operation functions. Responsible to understand the inner workings of each functional territory.
- Synchronizes with the Area Photographic Operations Manager and Area Sales Manager to ensure the entire territory is aligned in all processes and procedures, identifying opportunities to strengthen territory performance and executing improvement initiatives.
- Manages and is accountable for the operations portion of the budget and monitors territory operation performance according to the strategic plan.
- Manages the operations team payroll while monitoring payroll costs through comparison to budget and tracks hours and dollars by job functions.
- Establishes measurements to evaluate individual and team performance and employs techniques to build teamwork required to support business needs. Conducts formal performance reviews on all operations employees.
- Develops, prominently displays and updates weekly key operations performance metrics. Ensures that employees understand the metrics and communicates performance successes, shortfalls and improvement plans.
- Uses reports and tools to closely monitor cash collections and reconciliations. Takes corrective actions promptly as needed.
- Ensures the Master Calendar and FOW are consistently updated and kept in synch. Identifies gaps and provides training where needed.
- Ensures pre-picture day processes (Flyers, EDT, job bag assembly, etc.) are functioning effectively to enable perfect picture day execution by Photography.
- Daily monitors post-job processing of job bags. Provides feedback to Photography Manager related to paperwork accuracy.
- Conducts and coordinates regular territory operations staff meetings to provide territory updates, motivate employees, and introduce new operations, sales, and photography initiatives.
- Oversees the installation and maintains all network, computer and technical systems of the operation center as well as the connecting satellites.
- Carries out managerial responsibilities for territory operations. This includes, but is not limited to, supervising and coaching staff, recruiting, staffing, on-boarding, training and development, establishing goal objectives, employee relations and day-to-day performance management.
- Determines promotes, and enforces policies and procedures, in conjunction with the Territory Manager and home-office guidelines, to ensure efficient and cost-effective production and operational activities that meet the company's standards and the customer's expectations.
- Develops, implements, and analyzes employee retention and recognition initiatives.
- Demonstrates care and concern for the safety and health of self and others by promoting and modeling all safety rules and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
- A Bachelors degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of management experience including operations management.
- Experience managing the operations in an organization.
- Proven ability to lead and effectively manage change.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to think strategically
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong problem-solving.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Proven computer skills including using spreadsheet applications, word processing and some form of database.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Full use of dependable, insured automobile.
- Ability to travel.