At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Shutterfly is the leader in personalized photo products and services, connecting you with family and friends by sharing your photos in creative and innovative ways. With this brand, our customers can create lasting keepsakes such as award-winning photo books, customized stationary for life’s biggest occasions, and unique home décor.
This newly created role, within our Relationship Marketing and Personalization Team will build the strategic vision for a personalized shopping and creation experience. Shutterfly Marketing is data-driven and growth-focused leveraging marketing, analytics, user insights, and experimentation to develop and optimize engagement to drive customer satisfaction and business growth.
This is a high impact role on a new, reporting to the VP of Relationship Marketing and Personalization. This leader will be comfortable working with cross functional teams including product, engineering, analytics, data, creative, ecomm and others to build new experiences and achieve business results focused on frequency and revenue.
Using a deep understanding of customer-centric business practices, the Director, Personalization will work with others to identify moments where personalization will create a more relevant customer experience while driving customer lifetime value. This role will focus on the strategy and execution of personalized experiences across channels.
- Build and drive a data driven strategy for personalized shopping and creation focused on improving customer engagement, adoption and repeat purchases across marketing channels, our website and app.
- Serve as lead personalization evangelist with an eye on the “art of the possible” while continuously evolving the program.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams, analytics, data science, channels, ops and creative teams across the organization to conceive, test and execute experiences that align with company strategy and goals.
- Champion and support advancing customer and enterprise data governance.
- Consult in the development of personalization technology strategy and prioritization.
- Provide clear objectives and outcomes that enable team to work independently to develop better customers experiences with personalization.
- Develop and promote an inspiring environment that values open and direct communication.
- Be an advocate for your team while creating opportunities to learn and grow.
- Socialize customer analytical/insights learnings of greatest value related to personalization
What you’ll bring
- 10 years of experience working in retail, digital, media, agency, database marketing, loyalty marketing or related field.
- Proven experience in developing personalization strategies and experiences at scale.
- Experience leading operational intense programs and/or teams.
- Analytical experience working with statistical modeling and/or data science teams.
- Experience leading marketing programs in either customer segmentation, marketing personalization, consumer insights, or marketing analytics.
- Experience as a self-starter that can work effectively through ambiguity and thrives on achieving wins through influence and can inspire without direct authority.
- Strong communicator with the ability to tell stories with data, educate effectively, and instill confidence, motivating stakeholders to act on recommendations.
- Experience in successfully managing and developing team members.
- Track record of effective change management.