HR Generalist I
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
HR Generalist – Lifetouch Host Business
This position is based in Eden Prairie, MN.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic company, where the HR team is respected and is part of the business strategy! This position reports directly to the Director, Human Resources, supporting the Lifetouch business. The primary focus of this role is to offer both project and generalist support to exempt and non-exempt populations in the Lifetouch field. As part of the Lifetouch HR Business Partner team you will be responsible for supporting and assisting on the day-to-day HR transactional activities. This includes supporting HR policies, completing HR procedures and processes, facilitation of employee leave of absence and accommodations and employee relations investigations.
What You'll Do Here:
In partnership with the Regional HR Managers, develop and facilitate strong business relationships with managers and employees on a wide range human resources matters including, employee relations, performance management, leave of absence and accommodations.
- Communicate with employees regarding questions using fair and consistent application of policies. Ensure adherence to state and federal employment guidelines.
- Assist with administrative activities and HRIS transactions regarding employee changes, hires, and tracking of performance management
- Coordinate benefits program and payroll questions or provide information and resources to employees as needed
- Assist with getting requesitions approved to be hired
- Conduct exit interviews for employees and maintain an ongoing summary of the reasons employees are leaving to identify trends and issues that should be brought to management's attention
- Lead projects as assigned and in partnership with other HR peers and leadership
The Skills You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or Business or equivalent experience
- Prior HR experience required; PHR/CP certification preferred
- Experience with employee relations and experience with employment law
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively work and influence all levels of the organization
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Strong collaboration skills
- Strong computer skills including Windows-based programs such as Excel, Power Point, Word and Outlook is required. SharePoint experience a plus.
- Experience with workforce management systems preferred (SAP)
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfers for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship or transfer will be considered.