Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Program Manager (Contractor)
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Shutterfly Inc. is embarking on a long-term journey to embed Diversity, Equity and Inclusion into the culture. Our aspiration is to be known as a company that embraces and celebrates the contributions of employees from all walks of life, and takes intentional action to create a more equitable and just environment both within our company, and in the broader communities where we live and work.
We are looking for an engaged, passionate DEI subject matter expert and program manager to coordinate our efforts in this space. This team member will work in conjunction with a DEI leader and DEI council to drive programs, initiatives and the overall strategic plan forward. Buckets of work include the following:
- Culture Champions: We are launching a group of Culture Champions to be our eyes and ears on the ground to help identify gaps between our stated cultural objectives and the actual employee experience across functions, divisions and locations.
- Advertise, recruit, interview candidates
- Provide instruction and tools to champions
- Serve as day to day facilitator for questions, etc.
- Organize and manage calibration efforts
- ShuttERGroups: ShuttERGroups are newly launching employee resource groups. This team member will help finalize process and procedures for getting groups up and running, manage day-to-day logistics, resources and support and drive longer-term actions to sustain energy for the program.
- Manage infrastructure/ group resources and budget/ leader meetings
- Manage internal marketing and communications
- Drive companywide opportunities to engage
- Provided day-to-day group support
- DEI Research, Data and SME: As we build out our long-term strategic approach to building a culture of DEI in the business, this team member will serve as a research assistant and SME for data and resources that translate into the employee experience.
- Research DEI benchmarking and other applicable data
- Accumulate appropriate educational resources for employees
- Map out culturally meaningful celebrations and milestones throughout the year
An ideal candidate will:
- Be meticulously detail-oriented with strong organizational and planning skills, while also creative and imaginative
- Be comfortable and energized working in a newly-created space in the organization
- Be curious, open-minded, and passionate about helping to build a more diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace
- Be self-driven, proactive, and identify problems and opportunities independently
- Have some prior experience and/or connections in the DEI space