Principal Software Engineer
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
If you enjoy the excitement of working in an entrepreneurial, collaborative and agile environment then this role will be a great fit for you! The team is looking for an experienced SW Technical Lead that to oversee the work of 5+ SW Developers with complete ownership: Cradle to Grave- Design, Dev, Infrastructure, Release, Support of the system.
What You'll Do Here
- Provide technical direction and leadership for team of software engineers including a combination of hands-on and oversight of SW Design & Development work. Partner with with leadership to plan, estimate and coordinate the development & deployment of platform capabilities
- Work with Product leadership to clarify requirements, and other engineering teams to deliver functionality across team boundaries.
- Ensure the team delivers on commitments.
- Drive efficiency improvements in the design, development and deployment processes of the team.
- Assist in evaluation and hiring of team members
The Skills You'll Bring
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience providing technical direction for and leading teams of 4+ software engineers developing mission-critical software applications and services.
- 10+ years overall software development experience in enterprise technologies e.g.: Java, APIs, REST Services, Spring, Kubernetes, NodeJS, MySQL, XML, Go and AWS.
- Excellent communication, analytical and leadership skills
- Proven track record of delivering high quality Software Products
- Strong experience with Agile SDLC processes (Scrum, Kanban)
It is helpful, but not required to have..
- Micro services and Distributed architectures.
- Ability to think at end-user level and act tactically.
- Strong customer focus and owner mindset.
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!