At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
The Director, Manufacturing has responsibility for large, 24/7, on-demand manufacturing operation. In addition to manufacturing, the position will oversee the facility infrastructure including facility and equipment maintenance. Expectations include; obtaining maximum efficiency, improving quality and reducing costs wherever necessary. This position requires a person who can balance tactical plant operations, executing on strategic initiatives, and the implementation of new products. The selected candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining a high-performance culture. This position will direct all needs in supporting company objectives and will report to the Vice President of Manufacturing.
A positive win-win approach, involving internal and external stakeholders, will be necessary to accomplish the mission in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- Maintain the highest level of safety through a bottom up approach resulting in zero recordable injuries and achieving regional safety star status
- Ensure overall customer satisfaction and establish effective communication with employees, clients, and cross-functional leaders
- Successful experience in the development and implementation of strategic plans along with an ability to effectively communicate the vision and milestones to achieve.
- Analyze production operations and determine changes in production procedures, while adhering to day to day execution expectations.
- Provide advisement on capital improvements needed to increase company productivity and capacity.
- Effective collaboration with employee teams, other manufacturing facilities as well as customers and sales to achieve company business and cultural objectives
- Lead the plant operational improvement efforts with clear goals for achieving and improving on-time delivery, productivity, and inventory levels.
- Take necessary action to manage profit and loss for all production business lines.
- Attracting and developing subordinates to improve the overall performance of the organization.
- Ability to earn respect and work as a team player with all employees, as well as be a leader and effectively develop teams.
- Plant performance measurements and reporting
- Labor & Fulfillment planning
- 15+ years experience working in a world class digital print company or similar industry experience required.
- Knowledge and experience in the application and management of budgeting, financial measurement and analysis systems.
- Must be innovative, customer focused and possess strong leadership and communication skills.
- Experience with Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, and/or ISO preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical field or equivalent demonstrated work experience preferred.
- Able to define and execute quality processes in a high volume, fast paced manufacturing environment
- 10+ years job related experience with supervising 250+ direct and indirect reports across multiple shifts
- Able to work independently on projects and also collaborate as a strong team member
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing both internally and externally
- Excellent attention to detail, flexible and adaptable to change
- Able to operate and make clear decisions under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to multitask and set priorities
- Ability to write operation reports
- Documentation and procedure writing skills
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and MRP systems required