Sr. Software Engineer II (Manufacturing Software Platform)
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
At Shutterfly we value results through teamwork and a “can-do” attitude. We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer II (Full Stack) for our our Manufacturing Software Platform. This is a critical individual contributor role for software development with enterprise level software technologies: Java/J2EE, REST Services, Front-end frameworks: Angular or React, NodeJS, MySQL and AWS.
We are looking for Full Stack Java Software Engineers who enjoy solving complex problems, driving business value through rapid innovation and enjoy complete ownership (Cradle to Grave: Design, Dev, Infrastructure, Release, Support) of the assigned domain.
If you love the fun and excitement of working in an entrepreneurial, collaborative and agile software development environment with cutting-edge technologies then send us your resume today.
What You'll Do Here...
- Design, development, test and deployment of highly scalable, high-reliability software: UI, services and back-end in a business-critical enterprise environment.
- Work with Product leadership to clarify requirements, design technical solutions and develop complex features.
- Partner with other engineering teams to deliver functionality delivered across team boundaries.
- Collaborate with other developers to plan releases and ensure the team delivers on the committed plan.
- Participate in design and code reviews across the team and establish best practices.
- Collaborate with core Shutterfly teams on shared services such as Infrastructure, Security and Operations.
- Support and debug of critical transactions in the Shutterfly order processing flow. Work with stakeholders to address questions and unblock issues with Order Fulfillers
- Perform scalability and performance analysis as needed.
The Skills You'll Bring...
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 10+ years overall software development experience in enterprise technologies e.g.: Java, REST Services, Spring, Kubernetes, NodeJS, MySQL, XML, Go and AWS.
- 6+ years of experience developing effective APIs and REST services with deep understanding of server-side and middle-tier technologies, relational databases/SQL.
- 6+ years of experience in API design and API management systems.
- 2+ years of experience in UI development using modern frontend frameworks (Angular2+, React, Vue) and web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Proven track record of delivering high quality Software Products.
- Excellent problem-solving and software debug skills
- Excellent communication, analytical and leadership skills.
- A passion to win, innovate and a desire to build great things.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
It is helpful, but not required...
- Strong experience with Agile SDLC processes (Scrum, Kanban, XP).
- Micro services and Distributed architectures.
- Ability to think at end-user level and act tactically.
- Strong customer focus and owner mindset.