Photo Art Director
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
We’re a Creative Department of ego-free misfits. Our creatives are enthusiastic and thrive in a highly collaborative, sometimes quick-turn environment. Positive vibes only.
What You’ll Do Here
- Lead and plan photo and video productions, partnering with producers, photographers, stylists, retouchers, and video editors to ensure execution aligns with initial creative brief.
- Create compelling visual narratives and product storytelling that are consistent, adheres to brand standards, and brings campaign goals to life.
- Proactively pitch ideas that lead and/or resonate current and future visual trends.
- Partner effectively with cross-functional partners in brand marketing and merchandising to identify requirements, gain foundation for project vision, and conduct project in ways that instill confidence and trust.
- Active participation in project Kickoffs, asking insightful questions to gain detail, clarification and alignment with Creatives and Marketing Partners, oversee shoot work, and propose ideas to address the business need.
- Manage work tasks, functions and time sheet using department’s project management tool.
The Skills You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art, Design, or Photography highly preferred, but will accept additional experience in lieu of formal education.
- Editorial design and experience working in a photo studio preferred.
- Must know Adobe CC and Capture One (expertise in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator required).
- Great eye and aesthetic that compliments and elevates Shutterfly brand.
- A solid understanding of photography techniques and innovative trends.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong problem solver/solutions oriented.
- Studio or agency experience preferred.
- Low ego, balanced with confidence and a healthy sense of personal drive, ambition and ownership.
- Be self-motivated and a thoughtful, yet quick problem solver.
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!