HR Generalist II
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Shutterfly is seeking an HR Generalist to partner with HR business partners and business management to provide HR support and assistance on day-to-day HR activities administering the Company’s HR policies, procedures, processes and HR generalist activities including employee relations, investigations, etc. We are looking for a dynamic, self-driven Generalist who enjoys creative problem solving, standardizing processes, diving into reporting and comfortable with employee relations investigations.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing company within a top industry, where the HR team is respected and is part of the business strategy! In this role, you will partner with and learn the business and have interaction across multiple functional corporate teams. This position reports to Sr. Human Resources Manager, working at our office in Eden Prairie, MN.
- Works with HR Business Partner leaders and leadership, supporting all areas of HR. Aligns with HR leadership team and Center of Excellence team members to ensure consistency of policies and procedures across the organization.
- Administers HR policies and procedures and ensures that they are being consistently applied across the organization.
- Handles day-to-day administrative activities regarding employee changes, hires, e-filing, immigration, etc.
- Maintains effective business partnership with management through timely and effective human resources support.
- Under the guidance of HR leaders, works with management and employees to improve work relationships and to shape a culture which inspires employees to achieve short-term and long-term business results.
- Manages and resolves employee relations issues; conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations; works with management and employees to ensure adequate resolution of issues.
- Upholds the values of the organization through effective communication and high standards of performance.
- Provides counsel to managers and supervisors dealing with a broad range of legal requirements including state and federal wage and hour laws and fair employment.
- Helps administer total compensation programs and processes including annual merit review process, annual market analysis, job design and other retention initiatives.
- Drives results oriented, performance management process within the client groups to ensure a consistent performance appraisal process and provides training, feedback and coaching to individuals conducting reviews.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of all matters and safeguard confidential documents.
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources or a related field or equivalent experience
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred
- 2 or more years of HR experience in an HR Generalist role
- Experience working across multiple levels is strongly preferred
- Experience working in a geographically dispersed field facing organization is beneficial
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Experience with employee relations and experience with employment law
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage change, multiple priorities and deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and working knowledge of workforce management systems (SAP preferred)