At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
Under the direction of the Facilities Manager, the Facilities Support Technician will be required to perform routine preventative maintenance and repair of facilities related equipment and manage general facilities duties in support of daily business operations. This includes electrical, mechanical, HVAC, and plumbing troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Evaluates facility conditions and identifies potential repairs and facility maintenance projects
- Creates Preventative Maintenance scheduling for various support equipment
- Implements and monitors preventative maintenance programs for assigned areas including HVAC, Security, life safety, compressed air equipment, grounds, etc.
- Manages contractor base for preventative and proactive maintenance and repairs in assigned area including hiring, rate negotiation, monitoring of workmanship, responsiveness, and issue resolution.
- Works with local vendors to resolve any issues with billing, performance or compliance.
- Defines escalation to support equipment vendors
- Provides guidance on repair replace decisions as well as planned and emergency replacement of assets.
- Inventory control of maintenance parts and supplies
- Manage the execution of capital projects including HVAC replacements
- Works with appropriate governing agencies and facilitates their inspections and acceptance for facility maintenance projects
- Timely execution of assigned tasks
- Implementation of equipment improvements and upgrades
- Deployment, documentation and training for new equipment
- Two - four years in facilities trade experience preferred.
- Position requires a broad range of specialized skills such as carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical repairs, HVAC, vehicle and equipment repair, fire systems, furniture moving, grounds maintenance, and life safety systems, skill in use of hand and power tools
- Must be able to demonstrate prior experience in mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, building automation and other computer systems as well as the ability to coordinate and lead contract vendors.
- Experience working in a 24/7 environment
- Thorough background in facilities maintenance and associated equipment
- Use of test and diagnostic tools to evaluate equipment operation
- Rebuilds / modifies equipment as required
- Ability to document procedures and practices
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs., mobility to crouch, reach, bend and do repetitive actions with hands and arms
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, e-mail and maintenance/spare parts mgmt. programs