Area Sales Manager (Cranston, RI)
At Shutterfly Inc., we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, events, and churches.
What You’ll Do As an Area Sales Manager:
- Directs all sales activities in the area by assigning sales targets and goals to your reps. Ensures adequate sales coverage to ensure existing and new customers receive a consistent, positive message from Lifetouch.
- Partners closely with the Area Photographic Operations Manager to ensure entire territory is aligned in all processes and procedures, identifying opportunities to strengthen performance and ensure strong execution of picture days.
- Leads, role models and executes the Sales Disciplines consistently
- Utilizes regular feedback to coach and manage performance expectations
- Develop and facilitate relationships with school Superintendents, Directors of Curriculum, School Boards and Board members, etc to ensure Lifetouch is best positioned for new and continued business.
- Utilizes sales data to manage area goals regarding new business and retention. Identifies opportunities to strengthen sales and enforces performance improvement initiatives.
- Manages and is accountable for the sales portion of the budget.
- Carries out leadership responsibilities including, but not limited to, supervising and coaching team, on-boarding, training and development, establishing goals, employee relations and day-to-day performance management.
The Skills You’ll Bring:
- 3+ years of sales management experience; managing a team of 8 or more field sales reps
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Proven track record of managing and effectively leading through change
- Strong problem solving skills, leadership skills and strong influencing skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think strategically
It is helpful, but not required to have:
- Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred
- Prior experience working in the Educational Arena
- Salesforce experience
What we offer:
- Competitive base pay plus commissions
- Exceptional culture
- Ongoing training
- 401K, health benefits and paid time off being Day 1 of employment
- Company Tablet and laptop
- Shutterfly discounts
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!