Sr. Director, General Manager - Snapfish
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Shutterfly is the leader in personalized photo products and services, connecting you with family and friends by sharing your photos in creative and innovative ways. With this brand, our customers can create lasting keepsakes such as award-winning photo books, customized stationary for life’s biggest occasions, and unique home décor. Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our
Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
Shutterfly is looking for a Sr Director, General Manager that will transform and lead Snapfish’s category management, merchandising, marketing, e-commerce operations and design teams in the development and execution of modern eCommerce and merchandising strategies to achieve enterprise-wide growth and provide an end-to-end view of the business. With a growth and customer first mindset, this leader will play a key role in driving innovation that will drive new audiences by fostering cross-functional team collaboration, developing talent, and supporting the continuous evolution of business processes to maximize resources.
DEFINE AND GROW NEW PRODUCTS AND CATEGORIES
- Provide thought leadership and execute the corporate strategic plan focusing on expansion to new customer segments and products
- Lead the team in the definition and management of strategic objectives and deliverables for digital channels and track the success of the implementation
- Drive the Snapfish White Label program building and delivering strategic operational plans
- Lead the process of prioritization and creative review to ensure focus on strategic customer acquisition objectives
- Lead teams in the development of annual and seasonal merchandising and design strategies, drive the total business financial merchandising plans, and deliver strong brand and customer relevance assortments
- Identify and develop merchandise product categories that resonate with our customer and understand the business levers to utilize that will drive customer satisfaction, incremental sales, margin and overall growth across consumer touchpoints and channels
- Analyze and utilize consumer data to guide merchandising, design and pricing strategies as well as decision making across all channels of business
- Lead ongoing assessment of the product category mix by identifying opportunities and downward trends as well as developing merchandising initiatives for future seasons
- Lead team in ongoing competitive research to identify new and emerging relevant trends and translate into current and future business plans.
- Monitor the marketplace and analyze opportunities, providing competitive analysis, strategies, and tactics
- Partner with the cross-functional leadership team to develop an efficient product development calendar as well as lead the merchandising team in management of work to achieve calendar milestones
INNOVATIVE DESIGN LEADERSHIP
- Encourage the utilization of modern and creative methods to continuously develop an understanding of the current and future customer; apply that customer insight to the evolution of the design and concepts
- Partner with design, sourcing/production and planning teams in designing and developing commercially strong products within our targeted cost and margin plans in order to achieve our short- and long-term financial plans.
STRATEGIC OPERATIONAL FOCUS
- Lead the marketing teams to build strategic marketing plans to support the desired business and customer growth.
- Manage all e-commerce operations for Snapfish
- Develop executable plans to drive revenue growth with a primary focus on strategic idea creation, product development and partnerships
- Create future strategic plans with the goal of boosting revenue streams and finding untapped opportunities that Shutterfly can capitalize on
- Develop marketing and sales plans including investment by digital channel and market segment and manage financial and operational performance across channels
- Disrupt the status quo and align for future growth creating a seamless customer experience. Seek and challenge how things are typically done in the business and drive innovation for best growth-based results
- Collaborate with the cross-functional leadership team to drive the company’s strategic objectives and achieve organizational metrics
- Strong leadership and builder of talent that will mentor, train and develop the team. Provide challenging opportunities to leverage strengths and improve abilities
- Create a strategic succession plan. Provide support, feedback and coaching to build future leaders
- Must have 10-plus years of merchandising and brand management experience, preferably with prior experience in the e-commerce consumer goods market.
- Can adopt a portfolio-based approach to investment and growth – aligning resources around “big bets”.
- You must have the marketing, merchandising and brand building expertise to make the customer the focal point of the business and the P&L experience that will bring credibility and commercial grounding.
- Must have proven broad experience leading larger merchant, marketing and operational teams and driving cross-functional teams at an executive leadership level.
- Enable internal capabilities around the pulse of where the market is going and the consumer needs that remain unmet by the product portfolio.
- Ability to use consumer insights in developing strategies and collaborating with organization leaders on building a data-driven approach, with strong digital storytelling for efficient sales in all touchpoints.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to communicate a vision and motivate teams to action.
- Role model for customer-first approach and culture.
- Excellent leadership, talent development, organizational, communication, and collaboration skills.