Senior Program Manager
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Snapfish was built to help people archive and share photos. For almost 2 decades, our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world store and share photos with one another. With over a 90 people using the service globally, a career at Snapfish offers countless ways to make an impact in an organization that holds memories and stories throughout the world for generations to come.
Snapfish is looking for a Technical Program Manager with a passion for leading multiple interconnected, highly complex technical projects. In the new position, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to combine project management principles and technical analysis to lead several cross functional teams on a variety of projects that includes cloud migration, optimizations of technical infrastructure, automation of services and operational excellence on production systems.
What You'll Do Here:
- Extrapolate timelines and project plans from communication artifacts
- Track program health and stakeholder management
- Provide technical and financial analysis and update as projects advances
- Highly versed risk management techniques
- Perpetuate process improvements for cross-functional teams with input from project partners
- Identify decisions required to move a project forward, determine the decision makers, and ensure decisions are made
The Skills You'll Bring:
- At least 7 years leading planning, resource management, project lifecycles, and workflows in a dynamic engineering organization
- 3+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or technical product/program management experience.
- Experience working with infrastructure teams or teams that build developer-facing software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with sufficient level of technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers and identify technical risks
It's Not Required But It's Nice To Have:
- Strong understanding of database systems and analytics systems, infrastructure and resource optimizations, cloud platforms and the complexities of migration production environments
- Experience with developing vendor relationships to deliberately aid contract management
- The technical acumen to understand and influence decisions made on architecture and implementation by the engineering teams.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and experience managing activities across multiple teams
- Demonstrated track record of delivering complex projects and programs with cross-functional teams with little direct guidance.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills, and a sense of ownership and drive
- Experience with agile product development practices and principles
- Self-motivated and the ability to motivate others
If this aligns with your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!