Sr Manager of Operations and Photography
Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events. Lifetouch is an integral part of the Shutterfly family where we make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products.
The Area Photography & Operations Manager (APOM) provides leadership for all aspects of the Area’s photography operations to ensure successful execution of picture days which will include a variety of events including Underclass, Seniors, Preschool, Sports and Special Events. This also includes LEADING the Photography, Operations and Production teams to execute our seasonal photography programs and deliver the highest quality photos, provide outstanding customer service to our schools, execute standardized company operations and production processes. Another primary responsibility is to manage overall area payroll productivity and profitability to achieve budget and financial goals. A strong partnership with the Area Sales Manager is also a major key to success in this role.
What you will do here
• Drives and executes Photo and Operations strategies for the Area, in alignment with company expectations, and ensures successful and profitable execution.
• Partners with the Area Sales Manager daily to develop, foster, and promote a strong culture of teamwork, and ensure alignment on execution and adoption of company standardization and simplification processes in both sales and operations to drive profitable sales and account retention.
• Provides daily coaching, direction, and guidance to 2 Executive Operations Managers, 4 Executive Photography Managers and 3 hourly Photo Administrators Whose teams are responsible for the following:
• All pre and post picture day tasks in accordance with company standard operating procedures including: booking and job set-up in our proprietary database and Salesforce, student data management, production tasks, communication with the processing labs, and customer service. Dotted line responsibility for the Production and Operations team of approximately 25.
• Driving photographic excellence and picture day customer service, photographer hiring, training, coaching, and engagement and equipment management.
*Monitors, analyzes, shares and is accountable for all operations and photography KPIs to drive team engagement, accountability, and goal achievement.
• Partners with leaders (e.g., Regional Director of Operations, Regional Operations Manager, Regional Photography Manager) to ensure the area is aligned in all company processes and procedures with effective use of resources, identifying opportunities to strengthen area performance, and executing improvement initiatives.
• Demonstrates care and concern for workplace safety and health by promoting and modeling all rules and guidelines.
• Administers and ensures accurate and timely payroll processing. Works in tandem, with Regional HR partner on sensitive issues as needed
• Safeguards all confidential customer, employee and company proprietary information ensuring customer and employee data is kept at all times.
• Collaborates with schools, regional partners, labs and Area Sales Managers to resolve any possible elevated customer service issues as needed.
• Perform other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
Other Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Demonstrated experience in developing executives, building a successful team, and driving employee engagement.
• Previous experience managing a team successfully through significant organizational changes.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and execute operational plans within a budget.
• Strong, collaborative Internal and external customer service skills coupled with the ability to influence positive outcomes.
*Demonstrated experience developing/ managing a productive partnership with a Co-Leader is critical as well.
• Ability to efficiently manage, prioritize and execute multiple projects/priorities simultaneously, in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating excellent execution and follow-through.
• During peak photography season will require travel to other Photography Satellites to attend picture days and interact with Photo Manager / Supervisors and photographers in all areas.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint, as well as using the Microsoft Office / Outlook Platforms, Salesforce experience a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
5 - 8 years of business experience, including managing the operations within a multimillion-dollar sales volume organization and leading a large,
diverse team, including executive direct reports.
• Must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license with full use of dependable, insured automobile.