Designer II - UX Design- Temporary 12 months contract
Temporary 12 months contract!
Do you love mobile UX design? Are WWDC and Google I/O your favorite shows? Do you dream in 8px grids?
Shutterfly’s User Experience team is seeking a passionate UX Designer to create innovative, elegant mobile user experiences that delight our customers and drive business growth. We are looking for someone who is passionate about mobile ecommerce, mobile photo experiences, and detailed-oriented design. As a UX Designer, you will collaborate with Product Management, Marketing, Engineering and other Designers to transform the Shutterfly & Snapfish mobile experiences.
Overview & Outcomes
Shutterfly mobile applications are a key driver of growth for the company.
As a designer in the mobile design space, you will delivery mobile-centric customer experiences that are elegant and highly useable. You will work on key mobile initiatives in the mobile photo and ecommerce space. You will build upon thinking in mobile design patterns and modern-design best practices. Your work will also directly contribute to the Shutterfly design system. At Shutterfly, your skills will be integral to shaping the design direction for our mobile platforms with simple, elegant, and powerful design.
The UX Designer role is an Individual Contributor (IC) role. As a successful designer you will deliver well-researched, data-supported, pixel-perfect customer experiences. You will be part of a small team of talented designers, program managers, and engineers shaping the future of the Shutterfly mobile platform.
Great to Have Skills
- You have a knack for sensing improvement opportunities. You demonstrate an ability to identify gaps in experiences and how well they serve customer needs. You are a keen user of mobile applications and possess a strong point of view (good, bad, or ugly) in all products you use.
- You have gained your mobile experience through a combination of training, formal education, and hands-on experience in designing, building, or shipping mobile apps.
- You are both proactive & persistent. Creating novel approaches to problems as well as the hard work associated with strong delivery requires your energy and outlook. Results only occur, ultimately, through execution. Being resilient in the face of challenges, uncertainty, and adversity separates you from others.
- Well-developed emotional intelligence plays a vital role here - great mobile products are almost always the product of teamwork.
- Deliver wireframes, flows, prototype, and spec for native mobile platforms
- Collaborate with Product, Business, Research, Engineering, and other Designers
- Contribute to and expand the Shutterfly design system
- Initiate research and apply data gathered through testing and usage trends
- Proactively learn about Shutterfly’s business, culture, and customers
- 2-3 years of experience in user experience design
- Thrive in ambiguity, eager to take initiative
- Experience with ecommerce flows, use cases, and design issues
- Experience designing apps on iOS or Android (ideally both)
- Experience in a data and research-driven organization
- Knowledge of Swift, or C++ a bonus
- Ability to collaborate actively & effectively on international, cross-time zone, multidisciplinary teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Only candidates with a portfolio will be reviewed