At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Under the direction of the Facilities Manager, the Janitor will be required to perform routine cleaning and general duties of the facility.
- Maintain the cleanliness of restrooms, breakrooms and office areas as assigned
- Housekeeping of grounds and parking lot area.
- Use janitorial supplies including chemical cleaners
- Manage inventory of cleaning supplies and request reorders as needed
- Perform special cleaning projects and duties as assigned
- Notify the necessary personnel of necessary repairs and/or property damage
- Understand and perform the information and safety guidelines of an SDS sheet. Recognize and perform all tasks with the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Setup and breakdown chairs and tables in conference and meeting rooms as requested
- Change out fountain syrup and CO2 containers in soda machine
- Monitor building security by performing lock checks on exterior doors
- Follow procedures to ensure the proper use of chemicals and cleaning solutions.
- Operate a floor scrubber and a floor buffer
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors
Key Skills and Experience:
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, email, and Internet
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs., mobility to crouch, reach, bend and do repetitive actions with hands and arms
- Inventory management experience
- Experience using floor buffers and floor scrubbers. Experience stripping, sealing, finishing, and polishing floors