Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, events, and churches.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Photo Supervisor plays an important role in managing and leading a team of Photographers to ensure efficient and successful Picture Day operation and execution. This role includes staff readiness activities such as recruiting, hiring, training, coaching, and managing performance to drive picture quality and productivity to meet or exceed business goals.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, onboarding, and training new employees as well as the supervising, coaching, and development of photography staff including routine performance management.
- Observes photography on the job to identify opportunities for photographer performance improvement and development.
- Safeguards and properly handles money, job bags and photography equipment.
- Attends regular meetings with the Photography Leader to review and discuss photography quality, review policies, and discuss any changes.
- Manages and is accountable for photography labor spending and productivity for assigned photographers.
- Prepares and conducts routine performance reviews for photography staff.
Equipment & Supplies Support
- Oversees photography equipment including maintaining a detailed inventory of all cameras, equipment, backgrounds, props, etc.
- Coordinates shipping and receiving of equipment between various locations and Equipment Systems Support.
- Maintains and distributes photography equipment, supplies and any other information needed to successfully execute picture days.
- Conducts photography equipment tests as directed by the Photography Leader and informs them of test results
- Responsible for efficient picture day scheduling ensuring appropriate match of photographer’s skills and maximization of productivity.
- Responsible for overall labor management to assigned targets.
- Reviews and approves all non-exempt employee time records in the designated timekeeping system in accordance with company policy.
The Skills You’ll Bring:
- At least 18 years of age, with a HS diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 3- 4 years of related photography experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven ability to lead and effectively manage a team.
- Knowledge of photography equipment.
- Strong leadership, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel with occasional overnight stays.
- Accessibility to reliable insured transportation to reach assigned locations. Vehicle insurance must be current and in compliance with provincial law.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.