Junior Production Designer, Creative Production Studio
Are you someone who craves producing high-quality creative in a fast-paced environment? Do you desire strong creative mentorship and an opportunity for growth? Do you enjoy creative collaboration, but are comfortable working solo? Then we need you.
We are a Creative Department seeking a Junior Production Designer to join our in-house Creative Production Studio and provide quick turnaround requests of ecommerce marketing assets without compromising quality. As part of the creative team the Junior Production Designer will support digital and print projects focused on direct mail, email, display ads, site updates, mobile and social media.
Designers on our team are enthusiastic and thrive in a high-volume, quick turnaround environment. You must be able to take direction from senior level creatives and effectively collaborate with teammates across disciplines to clarify requirements, goals, expectations, and timelines. You’re an organized multitasker with a deep respect for process.
This is a junior level role within a total team of 5. Solid communication skills are essential for this position. This role reports into the Manager, Creative Production Studio.
- Create assets across all of our channels: direct mail, app, web, display, social
- Support the Creative Team to bring the brand and seasonal expression to life in all projects produced out of the Creative Production Studio
- Dedication to ensuring efficient, high quality and timely production of designs
- Juggle a mix of quick-turnaround projects, often with overlapping priorities and urgency
- Make various formats of supplied assets production-ready and resolve any asset issues that arise during production
- Build and maintain working files inside a collaborative file structure
- Show professionalism in all aspects of your daily tasks
- Be self-motivated, flexible and able to thrive in ambiguity
- Continually adopt new tools and practices as the work evolves
- Manage work tasks, functions and time sheet using department’s project management tool
- 4-year Bachelor or 2-year Associate Degree in Design, Advertising or Fine Arts
- 1-2+ years’ experience designing for digital marketing, with a focus on digital channels
- Excellent type and layout skills paired with a strong design aesthetic
- Mobile design experience preferred
- Must have expert Adobe CC skills
- A plus if conversant with Sketch, InVision, and Zeplin
- Ability to prioritize workloads and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Great attention to detail
- Animation or motion graphics a plus
- Web dev a plus
- Agency experience a plus
- Portfolio to example your skills and aesthetic, including examples of both digital and print
About Shutterfly’s Creative Department
Shutterfly’s Creative Department concepts campaigns, directs photo shoots, scripts videos and executes creative campaigns that execute across catalog, email, site, print, and social media. We work with our internal marketing partners, GM and other organizations ensure our creative work is effective and distinctive from the competition.