Machine Operating Assistant (Seasonal) - 2nd Shift
At Lifetouch (part of the Shutterfly family of brands), we believe there is extraordinary power in the self-expression. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day”, Lifetouch has captured the unique personalities of children and families for more than 85 years.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and open customer orders and enter customer information into business systems by keying and scanning.
- Verify that customer images match accompanying paperwork; correct discrepancies.
- Enhance images by retouching, editing, color correction using various internal and external software applications; using appropriate judgment and decision-making; meeting quality and productivity standards.
- Enhance and produce products using various printing methods and equipment via mechanical processes.
- Inspect final product for quality defects and accuracy. Complete assembly by boxing and adding accessories.
- Expedite packages to maintain shipping service times are met via hand pack or operating a packing machine.
- Complete final shipment preparation using various vendors and methods.
- Use basic judgment, decision-making, problem identification, problem solving and standard work to meet individual and team quality and productivity standards within the production environment.
- Use safe work habits including proper lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, squatting, twisting and driving techniques and adheres to all safety rules and guidelines.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Alpha numeric & 10-key keyboard experience.
- Experience with computers.
- Basic experience with machine operation.
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities)
Qualifications may vary by Value Stream/Firm to include:
- Basic computer skills to include keyboarding. May need to be at rate of 8,000 kph.
- Must possess English language skills (speak, read, write).
- Effective communication skills.
- Basic problem solving skills and willingness to share ideas for improving the work.
- Demonstrated ability to see color. May need to pass standardized color test.
- Ability to use image enhancement software.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to lift up to 45 pounds following ergonomic standards.
- Ability to work at the appropriate pace within the production team.
- Ability to adapt to various situations, tasks and people.
- Ability to adapt to continuous change with motivation and willingness to learn.
- Ability to work in a dark environment.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques and/or knowledge of the production environment.
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.