Software Engineer II
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Shutterfly is seeking a passionate and experienced Software Engineer with solid computer science fundamentals to make a significant contribution to the Shutterfly Digital Transformation Platform (DXP) Team. This position will report to the Manager of Media Platform. The Shutterfly DXP team is responsible for creating the next generation of platform services for use by the both the company, and external partners. The platform itself is new, as are the ways we test it, deploy it and operate/regulate it. We leverage a formal services gateway to intelligently route service traffic and enforce access policies. We use the latest in industry standard Java technology at the core. The team is currently finishing up services around product/category data, as well as ecommerce/cart/checkout and user identity. Come and join the effort in creating the next generation services platform for the company!
What You'll Do Here:
- Design and development of highly performing and scalable REST services
- Contribute to best practices by helping author unit tests, functional tests and performance test automation.
- Work with middleware, enterprise buses and queues to help make services highly scalable and asynchronous in nature
- Participate in design reviews of service and framework components
The Skills You'll Bring:
- Excellent knowledge of object-oriented design principles
- Strong experience in developing server-side applications using Java
- Experience with web application framework Spring and web service design using HTTP, REST, OAuth & JSON
- Proficiency in SQL, relational database schema design and ORM technologies
- Comfortable with Agile development methodology
- Minimum 2 years of experience developing web applications
- Excellent communication, analytical and leadership skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering highly desirable
**This is a position which may be performed in any of our offices or as a remote position. As a remote position this may be performed anywhere in the United States except for within the state of Colorado.**
Colorado only*- This position has a minimum salary of $73,300.00. You may also be offered a bonus and benefits. Details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: Benefits at Shutterfly
*Note: Disclosure of the minimum salary is required for this role when being hired in Colorado (SB19-085)
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.