User Experience Researcher II
At Lifetouch (part of the Shutterfly family of brands), we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 85 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events.
As the UX Researcher at Lifetouch, you’ll have the opportunity to develop a UX research practice for a small, but growing, team. Help us uncover pain points and unmet needs and opportunities for our users while leveraging data to tell holistic stories. You’ll be a key player in discovering insights and formatting evaluative practices and standards for the entire team.
What You'll Do Here:
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, innovative thinker who cares for our customers' happiness, loves collaboration, problem-solving, and using a data-driven approach with action-oriented insights to drive design and usability. You’ll work with a top-notch UX team to translate user problems and needs into actionable solutions. Come help us make innovative design happen!
The Skills You’ll Bring
- 3-5+ years of experience in user experience and research.
- Highly developed analytical skills – you can distill what’s important in your research and present it in ways that others can understand, too.
- Solid understanding of best practices for conducting research (qualitative & quantitative).
- Ability to work confidently and creatively on ambiguous problems with strong skills using a variety of research tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Confidence in presenting to diverse audiences, from peers to executive level.
- Experience designing compelling, user-centered solutions.
- Experience producing high-fidelity wireframes and user flows.
- Experience building working prototypes in Sketch/InVision.
- Knowledge of user experience best-practices with a design-thinking approach.
- Experience working with design systems, sketch libraries and atomic design.
- Passion for bringing innovative, new products to market
- Experience and understanding of accessibility and best practices
- Ability to collaborate actively & effectively on multidisciplinary teams
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!#LI-HN1