Payroll Supervisor I
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
What You'll Do Here:
- Exercise direct supervision over the tax activities of the payroll department. This includes performing annual performance appraisals, encouraging the development of new skills and monitoring progress on assigned duties.
- Handle all payroll tax functions for assigned entities.
- Monitor federal, state and local tax law changes and provide analysis as to the impacts to legal entities.
- Research laws and regulations regarding tax withholding to ensure accurate payment to employees and compliance.
- Review and approve general ledger reconciliations and associated journal entries.
- Assist with data validation and adjustments for year-end preparation and the issuance of
- Support Payroll Manager with prioritizing system changes and enhancements to keep payroll system up to date with tax changes.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
What You'll Bring:
· Bachelor’s Degree with accounting or finance concentration or equivalent experience
· 3 to 5 years payroll tax experience
· 1 to 3 years supervisory experience
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
· Knowledge of federal, state and local payroll laws and regulations
· Payroll Certification preferred
· Strong computer experience including work with various systems
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfers for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship or transfer will be considered.