Senior Cloud Engineer
At Spoonflower (part of the Shutterfly family of brands) our mission is to inspire individuals to make, buy and sell unique products built around color and pattern. Our e-commerce website makes it possible for individuals to create, sell, and shop for unique fabrics, wallpaper, and home décor. Spoonflower boasts the largest surface design marketplace in the world and a suite of applications that span from artist experience, eCommerce journeys, royalty payments, and third-party marketplace distribution. The design-centered community at Spoonflower and Shutterfly is expansive, ever-growing, and rich.
The Cloud Engineer will be part of a cross functional team focused on bringing our vision to fruition. A successful candidate will help design new EKS and AWS infrastructure to replace our legacy systems and ensure it is fully represented in code. Clear communication and collaboration are essential to this position; we work very closely with a team of wonderful developers who are enthusiastic about our goals but need our experience to guide them. We promote empowered teams with total ownership from solutioning to production observation and iteration. If you are interested in joining a dynamic, kind, and collaborative team - we would love to hear from you.
For us to learn more about your qualifications and accomplishments, please submit a cover letter with your application. As a bonus, include an answer to this question: If you could rename one of the AWS services, which would you rename and why?
What You'll Do Here:
- Write human-focused documentation of current and new systems, promoting a self-service environment.
- Advocate for modern DevOps best-practices within the organization.
- Educate team members about your areas of expertise and in turn, learn from them.
- Help guide systems architecture discussions.
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipelines for infrastructure code repositories.
- Help modernize our cloud infrastructure.
- Help developers improve their code by improving instrumentation.
- Collaborate with developers, coaching them on how to organize and manage their CI/CD pipelines.
- Participate in an agile team using kanban for ticket management.
- Participate in an on-call structure that provides after hours support in emergent situations
- Expertise with Amazon Web Services, Kubernetes (EKS), Terraform, and Linux shell scripting.
- Bonus points if you also have experience with Kustomize, Helm, Ansible, Packer, or Python.
- Expertise with automation tools for CI/CD pipelines such as Jenkins, CircleCI, Github Actions, etc.
- Experience with application performance monitoring tools like Splunk
- Experience with distributed tracing and OpenTelemetry
- Experience with zero downtime deployments and best practices
- Experience with agile software development methodologies like Kanban or Scrum
- Distributed version control experience with Git
*Colorado only*- This position has a minimum salary of $110,100. You may also be offered a bonus and benefits. Details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: Benefits at Shutterfly
*Note: Disclosure of the minimum salary is required for this role when being hired in Colorado (SB19-085)
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.