Facilities Technician 3
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Position located in Eden Prairie, MN. Traveling to Burnsville, MN once a week. Full time M-F 8am-5pm onsite everyday. After hours only for emergency situations (not often).
What You'll Do Here:
- Coordinates with Facilities Manager to maintain and utilize internal work order tracking software, and provide hands on issue resolution and work order follow up
- Coordinate with EHS on ergonomic evaluations, and delivery of supporting furniture adjustments and/or system furniture installation
- Assists in set up and tear down of conference rooms and other spaces for scheduled meetings and events
- Be familiar with, and able to perform minor construction techniques and processes
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Attention to detail in a fast-paced high-tech environment
- Providing direction to outside service vendors who are hired to perform work at the campus
- Proficient written and communication skills, able to communicate with service requestors and vendors
- Qualified candidates should be a motivated self-starter, able to act on minimal verbal or written information, multitask and deliver requested services without constant management assistance
- Participate on Safety Committee
- Provide support to the Facilities Manager on various facilities projects (minor to major interior remodels)
- Travel to other sites to survey and/or respond to work tickets
- Respond to assigned requests within the work order system in a timely and effective manner
- Interact with employees and upper management in a respectful and professional manner
- Complete basic troubleshooting, repairs & preventative maintenance to assist with the upkeep of the buildings and grounds (including plumbing, minor electrical, basic HVAC, etc.)
- This role is required to be on-call. 1 week a month in rotation to cover after hours & weekend emergencies as needed
- Valid driver’s license is required
What You'll Bring:
- 5 years’ experience in a similar facilities role or equivalent trade experience (i.e. furniture installation, minor electrical, plumbing, or general construction)
- Microsoft Office
- A High School diploma
- Understanding of the proper and safe use of small hand tools
- The ability to work safely in a facilities role – following ladder safety, LOTO procedures, etc.
- Must wear appropriate PPE
- The ability to lift 50lbs
- Ability to work in an office environment with variable noise conditions
- Ability to crouch, bend, twist, reach, climb ladders and be comfortable on roofs, stand and walk for long periods of time and work in variable temperatures
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfers for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship or transfer will be considered.