Sales Development Representative
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events.
The Sales Development Representative plays an important role in growing sales by contacting, generating and qualifying prospective accounts. This role partners with the sales professionals and field management to drive results and capitalize on sales opportunities.
- Identify, generate and qualify leads appropriately to consistently achieve or exceed calls/day expectations via dialing software for assigned territories/areas.
- Make outbound calls to qualified prospect accounts resulting in generating leads for field organization.
- Utilizes the Company’s CRM tool (i.e. Salesforce) in accordance with established procedures (includes documenting all sales activities within the system).
- Participates in ongoing training (i.e. Sandler Training) as provided and required by the Company; implements the Sandler Sales techniques in accordance with provided training and established procedures.
- Partner with supported sales professionals in the Lifetouch field organization to coordinate appointments with prospect accounts.
- Liaison between prospect school and sales professionals for account inquiries. Escalates inquiries/issues as appropriate.
- Uncover the prospects needs by asking open ended questions to understand if Lifetouch is the solution for the school.
- Apply and demonstrate industry and technology knowledge to build credibility and trust with potential customers.
- Maintain contact lists and follow up with prospective accounts with consistent message to continue relationships
- Appropriately communicate brand identity, value and corporate commitment to excellence.
- Effectively learn and use Salesforce (CRM) to leverage growth in sales.
- Collaborate with Inside Sales team and supported team (sales professionals and area managers) to determine strategic approach and execution strategies.
- Identify industry trends and competitive landscape
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Build relationships and rapport with field partners to strategize day/week/month.
- Engage with Inside Sales team by contributing ideas, strategies and approaches to grow overall sales.
- Collaborate with colleagues in a professional work environment
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED. Post-secondary-education strongly preferred.
- Experience: 1 - 2 years in sales and/or customer account service/support or sales prospecting/sales cycle management.
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Strong computer skills (e.g., navigation, data entry), including Microsoft Outlook and basic Excel. Salesforce experience, preferred.
- Ability to balance and execute against multiple projects/priorities simultaneously.
- Proficient communication skills (written, verbal, listening and presentation).
- Detail oriented in the execution and follow-up of work.
- Interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.