Digital Print/Press Operator - All Shifts. All Levels.
Shutterfly's purpose is to help share life’s joy. Shutterfly has over 10 million customers, we process over 26 million orders yearly, and host over 40 billion photos. Our manufacturing teams work in state-of-the-art facilities to produce these products that delight our customers.
Top 10 Reasons to Work at Shutterfly!!!!
- Career with on-the-job training and development
- Coolest co-workers in town!
- Competitive hourly pay and overtime during peak production
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid Time Off. (i.e.…paid vacation!)
- Climate controlled, state-of-the-art facility
- Casual, relaxed attire
- On-site amenities include a gym, game room, free beverages, etc.
- Up to $2500 in free Shutterfly merchandise and huge discounts
- Too many additional reasons to list
- Monitor the printing process to maintain print quality.
- Understand the capabilities of the machine to achieve optimum print quality.
- Maintain workflow efficiency by evaluating processes at each stage of production.
- Proper handling of consumables.
- Operator is responsible for creating a predictable process through:
- Correctly performing preventative maintenance routines.
- Ensuring that each job is properly set up.
- Performing routine printing procedures, most of which require specific skills and aptitudes.
- Inspecting for adherence to procedures using, visual discrimination, print quality analysis, and judgment.
- Recognizing when routine adjustments are necessary and identifying errors at the earliest possible stage to minimize production rework.
- Perform operational functions, as well as routine maintenance, on schedule and according to procedures.
- Perform adjustments accurately, efficiently and according to procedures, minimizing unexpected downtime and maintenance calls.
- Ability to follow written instructions.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn new things.
- Awareness that every press is different and the ability to optimize press operation in a unique environment.
- Ability to match or detect subtle differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness.
- Mechanical aptitude and skills to perform adjustments and maintenance on mechanical systems.
- Good organizational skills.
- A preference for a clean and orderly work environment.
- Understanding of the use of common hand tools, and good manual dexterity.
- A methodical "procedure-oriented" approach to tasks.
- An affinity for detail for quality control purposes.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with high voltage equipment (480V)
- Basic understanding of pneumatics and pneumatic symbols.
- Computer literacy: Installing programs on a computer
- Computer networking basics
- Background and experience in conventional offset operation, preferably in color printing.
- An understanding of prepress functions.
- Experience in operating mechanical/ electromechanical equipment.
- Experience in basic computer operation.
- High school or vocational/technical school diploma or certificate.
- Additional courses in print production, operations, or similar functional areas.
- Courses in chemistry, electronics, color theory, are desired.