Machine Operator 1
At Lifetouch (part of the Shutterfly family of brands), we believe there is extraordinary power in the self-expression. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day”, Lifetouch has captured the unique personalities of children and families for more than 85 years.
- Act as the primary trainer for all job functions within production work cells. Training each individual job tasks using best practices and standard work instructions.
- Leveraging their subject matter expertise to increase the performance of the team, by observing and improving upon individual’s execution of job tasks.
- Train employees (new and current) according to standard work, adapting to each individual’s learning style, teaching quick and effective ways to perform each job duty.
- Provide production associate II with training updates when necessary.
- Update Standard Work instructions and ensure instructions are being followed.
- Assist the Production Lead and take on lead responsibilities in the absence of Lead.
- Verify that customer images match accompanying paperwork; correct discrepancies.
- Receive and open customer orders and enter customer information into business systems by keying and scanning.
- Enhance images by retouching (at an advanced level), editing, color correction using various internal and external software applications; using appropriate judgment and decision-making; meeting quality and productivity standards.
- Enhance and produce products using various equipment and mechanical processes to include cutting, coating, printing, framing, stretching, texturizing, mounting, and spotting.
- Complete final shipment preparation using various vendors and methods (example: Diversified, bulk-shipping and rate shop).
- Inspect final product for quality defects and accuracy. Complete assembly by folding, boxing, and adding accessories.
- Use comprehensive judgment, decision-making, problem identification, problem solving and standard work to meet individual and team quality and productivity standards across multiple job functions, value streams and /or product lines.
- Maintains production quality by monitoring output and troubleshooting, making appropriate adjustments and required.
- Identifies and recommends and implements process improvements.
- Uses safe work habits including proper lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, squatting, twisting and driving techniques and adheres to all safety rules and guidelines.
- Ability to identify, implement and sustain best practices for each job function within the cell.
- Computer skills to include keyboarding. May need to be at rate of 8,000 kph.
- Must possess English language skills (speak, read, write).
- Effective communication skills. Ability to provide detailed training to fellow team members completing daily tasks and responsibilities as needed.
- Ability to interact with team members in a professional and approachable manner.
- Advanced problem solving skills and willingness to share ideas for improving the work.
- Demonstrated ability to see color. May need to pass standardized color test.
- Advanced image enhancement software.
- Ability to work in and promote a team environment.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds following ergonomic standards.
- Ability to troubleshoot and flex for the cell to maintain the appropriate pace or tempo.
- Ability to recognize, adapt and correct various situations, tasks and people that might need addressed.
- Ability to recognize and adapt to continuous change with a motivation (willingness) to learn.
- Ability to work in a dark environment.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques and the Lifetouch production environment.
- Ability to apply continuous improvement tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated expertise and ability to perform all tasks within a work cell (with the exception of ECS and Advanced Retouching).
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
This position will accept applications on an ongoing basis until filled.