We are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfers, for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship or transfer will be considered.This is not a remote role. This position is located in Tempe, AZ and requires candidates to relocate themselves to Arizona.
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Shutterfly Business Solutions enables other large companies to connect with their customers by delivering enterprise level printing solutions. Our technology and manufacturing capabilities enable efficient and effective customer engagement through personalized communications.
Shutterfly Business Solutions (SBS) enables other large companies to connect with their customers using web-to-print software solutions. SBS Technology is responsible for delivering cutting edge software solutions developed on Innovation Core platform and manufacturing PaaS services.
SBS is looking for a stellar Senior Software Engineer to join the team in Tempe, AZ.
Candidates must have a pragmatic approach to application architecture and a passion for technology and incremental delivery in a fast-paced environment.
- Hands-on development in Java Technologies working in a test-driven development environment
- Partner with development team to map technical requirements into architecture and technical design tasks, plan releases and deliver on commitments
- Participate in design and code reviews across the team to establish best practices
- Support production applications and releases
- Inspire and mentor team members
- Perform performance and scalability analysis
- 5+ years hands-on experience in Java Stack (Open Source Java, Spring Framework, Spring Boot) and relational databases (Oracle, MySQL)
- 4+ years of developing effective APIs and REST/SOAP web services
- Ability to work and deliver independently
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Microservices and Distributed architecture, DevOps/Cloud/AWS
- Scale Technologies: Redis, Elastic Search, Kafka, NoSQL
- Led/Managed offsite vendor Software Development
- Agile SDLC/Scrum/Kanban processes
- BS/MS in Computer Science