Sr. Compensation Manager
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
The Sr. Compensation Manager is responsible for analyzing, designing, recommending, and implementing compensation programs, plans and processes across the broad spectrum of Compensation, including base, variable, sales, and executive compensation.
What You'll Do Here:
- Creates insightful analysis, reports, dashboards, models, and other tools and makes recommendations that support and align compensation plan design and development with strategic business objectives and increase compensation program and administration effectiveness.
- Leads large or complex compensation projects and serves as a resource for cross-functional projects which impact the Compensation function.
- Partners across the organization and within HR to implement new and revised plans and programs; develops training and other communications tools to ensure understanding.
- Researches and recommends compensation best practices that align with business objectives.
- Supports the focal base salary and incentive administration, including system set-up and testing, merit guideline development, analysis, communications, and issue resolution.
- Formulates pay recommendations for new hires, promotions, and merit adjustments. Provides advice on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation, including business justifications, market pay levels and internal equity.
- Conducts market pricing and updates structures and guidelines that are market competitive, internally equitable and cost effective.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources, or equivalent experience
- Master’s Degree preferred
- CCP preferred
- 6+ years of HR experience, with a strong focus on base, sales, and executive compensation data analysis as well as compensation plan modeling, design, and implementation
- SAP, Etrade, and Payfactors experience preferred
- Equity mapping experience preferred
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Strong understanding of FLSA, Equal Pay and other applicable wage laws and regulations
- In-depth knowledge of job evaluation methodologies, market trends, compensation best practices, and usage of market pricing tools
- Strong data and systems analytics and compensation modeling skills
- Strong prioritization skills
- Advanced problem-solving and analytical skills
- Advanced Excel skills, including pivot tables, V lookups, graphing, and macros, and Word and PowerPoint skills in addition to exposure and understanding of HRIS
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills, with the ability to work across all levels of an organization
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfers for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship or transfer will be considered.