Sr. Data Scientist I
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
We are seeking an experienced data scientist to join Shutterfly's Customer Insights and Analytics team to support key initiatives across the organization. This role will develop predictive models and analytic solutions leveraging Shutterfly's unique and novel data sources.
What You'll Do Here...
- Work with stakeholders to define objectives and measure success, establish KPIs and measurement methodologies
- Provide expertise to non-analytical peers within Marketing, Product, Finance and Engineering
- Develop experimental designs to support test and learn
- Apply advanced knowledge of SQL and the ability to extract and develop complex modeling features
- Build statistical and machine learning models using Python/R
- Provide actionable insights to support key decisions across the organization
The Skills You'll Bring...
- MS or equivalent experience in a quantitative field such as computer or data science, economics, applied statistics or life sciences
- 5+ years of experience in developing and deploying machine learning and statistical models in a professional setting
- Experience with developing statistical studies in Python/R/Jupyter
- Advanced SQL skills
- Experience with version control systems such as Github
- Hands-on experience with Unix