Post Production Specialist II
You have deep knowledge of retouching techniques and workflows, with an expertise in color correction and conversion. Your creative process is boosted by your strong organizational skills and precision to detail. You’re highly accountable and able to work with minimal oversight and supervision, however creative cross-functional collaboration is one of your love languages. Friendly, yet direct, your communication style is compassionate and empathetic while also being transparent. There’s ease in your workflow, and your ability to flex doesn’t just live on your yoga mat. A pivot or priority shift doesn’t harsh your mellow.
We’re a Creative Department building a small yet fierce retouching team looking for the right Retoucher to join our in-house team of ego-free misfits. Our creatives are enthusiastic and high-functioning, thriving in a highly collaborative, sometimes quick-turn environment. Positive vibes only. Well, at least 93% of the time (we’re only human).
About the Role:
The Retoucher is an individual contributor responsible for omni-channel marketing and advertising retouch work (digital and print, high level catalog, direct mail pieces, ecommerce website, emails, social media work). The role collaborates with the entire retouching team and cross-department with photography and creative professionals to ensure high-quality in all imaging and retouching. The Retoucher is an active participant in the proofing/reviewing/QA-ing of all assets and helps to resolve quality issues. This is a hands-on role, part of a larger Creative and Design team under the Photo Studio umbrella. Reports to the Manager, Retouching.
- Ensure the utmost in quality and precision in the retouching work that flows through the Creative and Design department.
- Retouch in an all RGB universal workflow across digital and print.
- Provide top-notch smart objects in all blank products shot.
- Create style guides and help set imaging and retouching standards.
- Create and automate scripts that help streamline and innovate the retouching workflow.
- Be hands-on when needed and ensure on-time delivery.
- Juggle a mix of long-term and quick-turnaround projects, often with overlapping priorities and urgency.
- Maintain flexibility to address unanticipated project work.
- Proactively gain feedback from your team, creative collaborators and cross-functional partners to evaluate process, identify improvement opportunities and gauge output success.
- Display innovative thinking, championing better ways to deliver on internal client requests.
- Show professionalism in all aspects of your daily tasks, including taking feedback and edits with grace and positivity.
- Be self-motivated.
- Continually adopt new tools and practices as the work evolves.
- Support innovation, leveraging process improvements and technology to work smarter.
- Manage work tasks, functions and time sheet using department’s project management tool.
- Degree in Photography, Design, Visual Arts, or Fine Arts highly preferred, but will accept equivalent experience or related studies in lieu of formal education.
- Minimum 3 Years Working as a Retoucher in a commercial, agency and/or photo studio as staff, contract, and/or freelance.
- A commercial retouching portfolio to showcase your skills and experience in compositing, shadow creation, smart objects, RGB and CMYK color space, and coloring.
- Comfortable automating tasks and ability to make scripts on the fly.
- Accustomed to the high intensity level of an e-commerce studio environment, and ability to thrive under tight deadlines.
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Be self-motivated and a thoughtful, yet quick problem solver.
- Patience and infectious, positive attitude with a collaborative approach.
- Low ego, balanced with confidence and a healthy sense of personal drive, ambition and ownership.
- A great attitude and flexibility towards business and its ever-changing, sometimes ambiguous nature.
- Strong problem solver/solutions oriented.
- Sense of humor and the ability to have fun doing what you love.