Sr. Software Engineer I
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship will be considered.
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will be a key player of the development team that has complete ownership from cradle to grave for the assigned application suite.
What You’ll Do here :
• Hands-on development in Java Technologies (Open Source Java, Spring Boot, Java Script, Angular, MySQL) working in a test-driven development environment
• Partner with development team to map technical requirements into architecture and technical design tasks, plan releases and deliver on commitments
• Participate in design and code reviews across the team to establish best practices
• Inspire and mentor team members
The Skills You’ll Bring :
• 5+ years hands-on experience in Java Stack (Open Source Java, Spring Framework, Spring Boot) and relational databases (Oracle, MySQL)
• 4+ years of developing effective APIs and REST/SOAP web services
• Ability to work and deliver independently
• Strong leadership and communication Skills
It is helpful, but not required to have :
• Micro services and Distributed architectures
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you