Service Desk Technician I
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Shutterfly is the leader in personalized photo products and services, connecting you with family and friends by sharing your photos in creative and innovative ways. With this brand, our customers can create lasting keepsakes such as award-winning photo books, customized stationary for life’s biggest occasions, and unique home décor.
This person will provide technical assistance and support to end users on a variety of issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware. Must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. Document, track and monitor the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
What You'll do Here:
- Support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot a variety of hardware and software problems.
- Install, and configure Windows based workstations in a Microsoft Active Directory and Office365 environment.
- Develop and implement Service Desk solutions to improve efficiency, productivity, and user experience.
- Support projects throughout the organization that include changes to our IT environment.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the link between one’s own job responsibilities and overall organizational goals and needs, and performs one’s job with the broader goals in mind.
- Demonstrates concern for meeting end-user needs and providing top notch service.
- Makes good decisions using a combination of analysis, knowledge, experience, and judgment. Analyzes and distinguishes core problems by looking at the symptoms.
- Demonstrate appropriate and professional behavior at all times. Uses a high degree of tact and diplomacy in working with others.
- Demonstrates concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence, shows a passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement.
The Skills You'll Bring:
- Associate degree in Computer Science or related field, preferred, or 1 – 2 years equivalent, relevant experience.
- 1+ years desktop support experience and knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS.
- 1-2 years Office365 administration experience
- 1-2 years Active Directory experience
- Demonstrated experience of continuously expanding and leveraging knowledge of technology, market and industry trends with success in identifying, recommending and implementing best practices and methodologies.
- Ability to be flexible with tasks during major outages and to work overtime as needed.
- Proficient in O365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook, SharePoint, service delivery management tools such as ServiceNow and related cloud-based technology systems.
It is helpful, but not required to have:
- The ability to work in a team environment, but is able to work through technical issues on their own with minimal guidance
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation) with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work with non-technical users in a positive, polite and supportive way.
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!