Principal Program Manager - Technical eCommerce
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
This senior role is an exciting opportunity to work on programs that are consumer facing with a direct impact on our customers’ experience creating personalized products. We are seeking a key contributor to own and lead programs and portfolios of projects and assist in the development of the PMO as a department. The ideal candidate should have an extensive background using the Agile methodology to deliver key strategic programs. If you are looking for a role where you can see the direct impact you make, check out the qualifications below!
What You’ll Do here:
- Ensure adoption of standards and procedures governing the practice of project management and execution of the project portfolio
- Champion and integrate the scrum methodology into project management best practices.
- Ensure that the scope, business case, objectives and success metrics for projects are well defined, understood, measured and reported effectively
- Define key metrics for measuring resource capacity, project valuation, cost, risk, status and performance across Shutterfly engineering
- Tactically own and execute on one or more programs or portfolio of projects
- Understand the interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs
- Ensure that cross-functional team leads have a clear understanding of RASCI for delivering project, goals, deliverables, and issues
- Identify and raise project delivery issues and risks for mediation, resolution or escalation to the appropriate level on a timely basis. Foster accountability of cross-functional team leads to resolve project issues and ensure project success
- Drive on-time delivery of projects and programs
- Provide up-to-date, accurate, meaningful views of project status
- Conduct project post-mortems and continuous improvement sessions
The Skills You’ll Bring:
- 10+ years of program management experience on progressively more complex cross-functional projects
- Technical background is a plus as you’ll be partnering with engineering and product stakeholders
- Experience program managing large, enterprise-wide e-commerce programs involving cross-functional teams in both business, operations and technical domains
- Proven track record of successfully delivering multiple projects simultaneously, building appropriate processes and tools
- High competency and knowledge in software engineering, product development, and general business processes
- Naturally organized, analytical and detailed oriented. Energetic self-starter passionate about professional integrity and excellence with a positive attitude and contagious enthusiasm
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills are absolutely required
- Strong relationship building/partnering skills and the ability to work with varying levels of individual contributors and management. Comfortable presenting to executives
- Ability to influence peers and managers while dealing with ambiguity
- Demonstrated knowledge and usage of standard project management concepts, practices and procedures
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, environment where you must take on multiple responsibilities and do what it takes to get things done
- Experienced in combining the best of Agile and Waterfall practices (Hybrid approach to Program Management)
It is helpful, but not required to have:
BA/BS required, preferably in computer science or engineering. Formal project management training is a plus but hands-on experience is highly preferred.
If this aligns with your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!