Manager, Operations - Field
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events.
Summary: The Operations Manager manages and leads the Area operations functions, including operation functions (e.g., Sales Support, Production), staff and budget. In addition, this role ensures adherence to, and consistent efficient execution of all operations process, procedures and practices to ensure efficiencies and results against established metrics.
What you will do here;
- Project and manage a budget and apply financial acumen as well as utilizing reports and other tools to closely monitor accounts receivables, promptly taking appropriate actions, as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to set and execute operational plans including support components of seasonal readiness planning and administration
- Manages the Operations schedule, performance, and payroll while monitoring budgeted labor costs to ensure cost-effective production.
- Manage, prioritize as well as balance and execute against multiple projects/priorities simultaneously, working efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Execute strategies and over sees the Operations functions in all assigned locations. Including the review of agreements and work orders from sales teams to ensure information is complete and processes are followed
- Communicate, implement, and manage operational processes, procedures and best practices to ensure standardization, compliance and simplification within Operations.
- Monitors the Sales Support team and sales staff regarding Picture Day planning and preparation as they frequently interact with Schools to ensure expectations are met or exceeded.
- Ensure employees understand Operations metrics. Hold employees accountable by developing, displaying and updating key metrics weekly, recognizing successes and implementing performance improvement plans, as appropriate.
- Coordinate and conduct Operations staff meetings regularly to provide Area updates, engage employees, introduce new Operations, Sales and/or Photography initiatives, discuss performance against metrics (wins and opportunities), etc.
- Ensure the Master Calendar and FOW are consistently updated and kept in sync.
- Oversight of all pre and post Picture Day production and operations processes are consistently and accurately performed, to enable perfect Picture Day execution by Photography. (Flyers, EDT, job bag assembly, etc.) Also serving as the escalation point for any area issues and concerns
- Provide feedback to Photography Managers to recognize wins and address opportunities for improvement.
- Partner with Area leadership team to ensure the entire area is aligned on processes and procedures, as well as identifying opportunities to strengthen area performance and implement improvement initiatives.
- Perform administrative functions (e.g., ensuring compliance, ordering supplies, approving time records) accurately by established deadlines and ensures all Operations staff meet all deadlines.
- Partner with Area Managers to Recruit, interview, hire, train, and manage employees, per company guidelines and processes, to build and maintain a high performing team. (e.g., candidate management, onboarding administration, background checks, Form I-9 completion)
- Communicate and ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures, as well as addresses non-compliance in a timely and professional manner.
- This role will have a minimum of 2 or more full-time equivalents as direct reports. Responsibilities will include providing day-to-day work direction, sharing performance feedback, giving recognition as well as monitor team performance.
- Employs techniques to build teamwork in support of business needs to drive results.
- Safe-guards all confidential information at all times.
• Perform other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Demonstrated photography knowledge and experience in delivering a high-quality product and customer experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint, as well as using the Google platform.
- May require traveling to various locations (up to 5%).
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
3 - 5 years of business, operations or management experience and leading direct reports.