Sr. Director/General Manager, Photo Books & Business Model Innovation
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Shutterfly is the leader in personalized photo products and services, connecting you with family and friends by sharing your photos in creative and innovative ways. With this brand, our customers can create lasting keepsakes such as award-winning photo books, customized stationary for life’s biggest occasions, and unique home décor.
The General Manager (Sr. Director) will be responsible for leading the Photo Books, Calendars and Prints categories, representing over $350M in revenue, with a focus on new business model innovation The position has 3 direct report and dedicated analytical resources. Cross-functional team is matrixed and there are dedicated resources in all key parts of the organization.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Develop and execute multi-year category business and merchandising strategy for growing photo books, calendars and prints
- Identify & prioritize growth levers, with a focus on new business models; and drive analytically-based decision-making and execution through a cross-functional team that includes Product Management & Engineering, E-commerce/Site Optimization, Marketing, Pricing & Promotions, and Operations to deliver the business P&L
- Align and deliver quarterly, annual and 3-year revenue and profit targets and consult on in-quarter business performance and outlook.
- Lead the work cross-functionally to develop a methodical, analytical, testing and optimization mindset to maximize category profit and growth
- Collaborate with Marketing, Pricing & Site teams to develop marketing, promotional & customer acquisition strategies that will deliver the target business results, optimizing through the funnel
- Collaborate with product management & engineering to define and prioritize engineering roadmap and investment decisions and deliver a best-in-class customer experience, heavily leveraging testing and optimization
- Collaborate with operations & product management to identify, prioritize and launch new products and design collections
- Drive cross-category initiatives as a key senior leader on the GM team
The ideal candidate will have:
- 12+ years of consumer experience including 5+ years of prior e-commerce, strategy consulting, general management, merchandising, brand management and/ or product management.
- Direct strategy and revenue management responsibility.
- Led strategic innovation initiatives
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills with practical experience leveraging machine learning and A/B testing to drive business results
- Proven cross-functional leadership, relationship builder with strong communication skills
- MBA preferred