Supervisor, Accounts Payable
The Accounting Supervisor – Accounts Payable, should possess solid communication, technology, organizational and analytical skills. The Accounting Supervisor – Accounts Payable is responsible for working as a part of the Shared Services team to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting, oversee a team that is responsible for payment of invoices, are timely processing of month end duties, ensure the integrity of the accounts payable trial balance. Reconcile accounts, records, reports and journals. Prepares work papers for annual audit, organizes own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist Shared Services and Accounting teams to complete a timely and accurate monthly close, including the preparation of monthly journal entries in accordance with GAAP, and account reconciliations.
- Maintain account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts
- Manage a team of AP specialists
- Work with appropriate AP Associate to resolve outstanding items.
- Timely complete work papers for the annual financial statement audits as requested
- Timely complete work papers for the preparation of the Corporate Tax return as requested
- Maintain documented policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility
- Cross train within Shared Services to back up Vendor maintenance, payment process, other functions within the department as needed.
- Work with Tax department on outstanding escheatment and unclaimed property
- Other duties as assigned
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years' experience in Accounting or Finance roles
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel/Outlook/Word/PowerPoint/Pivot Tables/VLOOKUP)
- Proven knowledge of Accounting and Financial principles, practices, and procedures
- High attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Experience working in accounts payable and related areas
- Audit experience – responding to audit requests
- Previous experience in SAP
- Outlook: 3 years (Preferred)
- GAAP: 3 years (Preferred)
- Accounts Payable and Auditing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Required)
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)
- Supervisory Experience (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Equivalent years’ experience in accounting and managing a team