Photo Team Lead
Lifetouch has an exciting opportunity for a Photography Lead to join our team.
Lifetouch National School Studios Inc., a Shutterfly Inc. company, is an industry-leader with operations in all 50 states and Canada. Employees enjoy our fast-paced, collaborative culture and the ability to directly impact our business.Ê
Provides leadership and guidance to assigned photographersÊ by supervising the quality of the photography images and the customersÕ photography experience. Promotes the WOW! Photography experience.Ê
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides leadership and guidance to assigned photographers by supervising the quality of the photography images and the customersÕ photography experience.
- Conducts regular one on one meetings with the assigned photographers (minimum of one a week) to review a photographer's photo quality (i.e. posture, facial view, lighting, framing, eye direction, grooming, expression, technical aspects, etc.) This includes printing and grading 312 images, reviewing them with photographers on an ongoing basis, and creating quality improvement plans for photographer development.
- Observes photography performance/behavior, identifies issues and opportunities for photographer performance improvement and development, and works with the Satellite or Area Photography Manager to manage photographer performance.
- Provides ongoing coaching and on-the-job training to the assigned photographers. Creates action plans (photo quality improvement plans) for additional photography development. Ensures photographer participation in a quality improvement plan as instructed by Photography Specialists and the Photography Manager/Territory Manager.
- Responds effectively to difficult photography situations that arise at the schools/studio and provides appropriate guidance to photographers. May be responsible for overseeing the coordination of the overall photography experience at the school/studio.
- Conducts photography training including, but not limited to, Photo I and Photo II training programs, equipment training, and area enrichment training.
- Promotes a positive work environment (office and schools) by motivating photographers and implementing retention strategies that will maintain or improve employee satisfaction and engagement. Promotes the WOW! Photography experience.
- Promotes open communication among photography and sales staff to ensure photographers are prepared for upcoming jobs (i.e. relevant school-specific details, supplies, paperwork, etc.)
- Ensures the accuracy of paperwork and equipment during the photography job check-in and check-out processes
- Attends regular meetings with Photography Manager/Territory Manager to review and discuss photographer portraiture quality, review policies, and discuss any changes.
- Attends regional photography meetings and ensures assigned photographers understand the meeting content.
- Manages and maintains inventory, and assignment of photography equipment.
- Demonstrates care and concern for the safety and health of self and others by promoting and modeling all safety rules and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.Ê
- Be available to photograph while adhering to photographer responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- ÊEnsuring a positive picture day experience by providing clear direction/expectations for parents, school personnel, and student helpers regarding their role in picture day; properly setting up equipment to optimize photo quality; and exhibiting energy and enthusiasm while using appropriate language, body language, and approach with each subject in order to achieve the desired expression.
- Consistently capturing high quality photographs in accordance with Company Posing Guidelines.
- Adhering to the photography schedule by arriving on-time to set-up equipment and ensuring all subjects are photographed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintaining portraiture review by using 312Õs to minimally view work once a week.
- Using safe work habits including proper lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, squatting, twisting, and driving techniques.
- Maintaining all necessary equipment, supplies, and film to perform the duties of the job.
- Maintaining confidentiality of school/student related information.
- Representing Lifetouch in a professional manner at all times while adhering to all Company and school rules and policies and displays confidence and professionalism even during times of stress and in difficult situations.
- Safeguarding and properly handling money, job bags, film, and photography equipment
- Entering accurate information on paperwork from camera/payment envelopes and returns all paperwork to the Area office in a timely manner in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Responsible for creating the WOW! Experience.
- Responsible for underclass classroom group photography.
SPORTS AND SPECIAL EVENTS:
- Responsible for Pan groups (all school photograph- specific equipment- group/crowd control)
- Retains an extensive knowledge of Nikon digital cameras and operations; to include TTL and digital flash fill.
- Responsible for Environmental Senior photography.
MINIMUM GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 3-4 years of related photography experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong leadership skills
- Advanced knowledge of photography equipment (i.e. cameras, lighting effects, tripods, light stands, light meters, backdrops, etc.)
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all age groups.
- Ability to travel with occasional overnight stays
- Full use of dependable, insured automobile