Lead User Experience Researcher
Shutterfly is looking for a passionate UX Researcher to distill complex problems into insights that inform design, development, and business decisions. This role will report into the Director of Market Research and Insights and work directly with UX and UI Designers, Product Managers, and will collaborate across the wider Product, Engineering, Marketing, General Management and Content teams driving all stages of user experience research from early product development through validation. This role will use new research methodologies to evaluate existing and proposed UX, understand users and areas for opportunity, uncover and synthesize insights, and build stories through the triangulation of different data sources.
• Lead prioritization about what we research, when to research it, and how that research is conducted
• Organizing and conducting user research sessions
• Leading end-to-end study design, execution and delivery of action-oriented insights
• Working with cross functional teams, multiple devices, and platforms, in order to find opportunities to further improve the user experience
• Influence a diverse set of stakeholders through excellent relationship building, and crisply providing insight and deep domain expertise in research practices and product development
• Managing project timelines and budgets
Education and Experience Requirements
• BA or BS or higher (in a research or related field preferred)
• At least 6 years relevant experience in UX and research
• Solid understanding of best practices for conducting research (qualitative and quantitative) in user experience, product design, or technology contexts
• Ability to work confidently and creatively on ambiguous problems with strong skills using research tools such as usertesting.com
• Possess strong project management experience, with the ability to keep multiple projects within budget and timeline.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Confidence in presenting to diverse audiences, from peers to executive-level
• Like to work cross-functionally and collaboratively as an internal consultant, while feeling comfortable making recommendations and decisions autonomously.
• Prior eCommerce experience a plus