Sr. Director of Engineering, Personalization
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
As the Sr. Director of Engineering, AI/ML & Personalization you will be an important member of the Haifa leadership and Global Engineering leadership teams. Based in Haifa, and reporting to the VP Engineering in the US, you will build AI/ML and Deep Learning-focused Global Technology Center of Excellence for Shutterfly and Snapfish businesses to use billions of photos and petabytes of data to guide Personalization across consumer touch points on the live website, mobile apps and offsite channels such as emails. You are customer-centric and be willing to take on bold challenges to achieve phenomenal customer experience and business growth through innovation. You will not only double-down on photo-centric personalization but apply Machine Learning expertise to lead the charter on personalizing entire consumer journey ranging from product discovery, automating personalized product creation, and overall shopping experience across all channels and devices.
As an engineering expert and important partner in Shutterfly's product and technology organization, you will identify strategic opportunities and grow an outstanding team of ML and Deep Learning Platform, Big Data, Web and Mobile engineers. With your software engineering and scalable distributed systems background as well as your deep knowledge in machine learning, you will lead machine learning teams and full stack engineering teams to develop custom DL/ML models, SDKs and services that allow these models to be used in low-latency scenarios on web, mobile and server-side that create personalized experiences for our customers. You will work with peer engineering and product teams to ship and operate services at scale and shape the direction of the technology organization in the machine learning space.You Will:
- Operate as an expert with the ability to guide and inspire best performance, innovation and adoption of the latest engineering practices to promote AI, ML and DL technologies across consumer touch points focused on Personalization.
- Develop a collaborative and inclusive team that fosters a culture of ownership, experimentation and new ideas to prioritize the things to have the biggest impact on both users and the businesses and provide working solutions for our customers.
- Lead an outstanding team of machine learning, big data and full-stack engineers that provide creative, strategic AI-enabled solutions with industry-leading skills in distributed machine learning training workflows, edge AI, data engineering and tools both in the cloud and on-device.
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams across the globe to architect and build data ingestion systems and model training pipelines from experimentation to deployment, monitoring and ongoing performance improvement.
- Bring your industry expertise and distributed system architecture skills and work with your teams to build high-throughput machine learning training pipelines and low-latency model hosting technologies both on the server-side and the client side (browsers, iOS and Android).
- 10+ years in a leadership/management role with experience building engineering teams.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience and architecting highly available, scalable and low latency systems for high traffic applications.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience building, and shipping data science AI enabled products.
- Experience with machine learning platforms from major cloud providers (such as AWS). Familiarity with AWS Data Lakes, Analytics & ML Services, Redshift, Athena, and EMR.
- Familiarity with optimizing ML pipelines to run on-device with constrained compute, power and latency budgets.
- Experience diving deep into system architecture, design, performance metrics, code, test plans, project plans, deployments and operations.
- Take full ownership of the product from an engineering perspective by authoring a technical vision that aligns with the evolving needs of the organization.
- Establish metrics, targets and governance processes to ensure development delivers against success criteria such as scope, schedule, resources, and budget.
- Partner with different areas of the business to understand customer needs, and improve support experience, and ensure product is being built in a way that is scalable, sustainable and reliable.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or an equivalent technical field.
- Comprehensive benefits plans
- Positive culture with fun and engaged teams